Single concert crashes Mainstage

MainStage questions and troubleshooting

Single concert crashes Mainstage

Postby Rhodes54 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Early tonight, I started working on a new Concert for a gig this weekend. Something happened while copying/pasting a patch within the same Concert and Mainstage "unexpectedly quit" Now, that ONE concert won't open!

All other Concerts I use still open fine.

This one (which I've already put a lot of work into) won't open in 32 or 64 bit mode. And of course there's no backup since I just started this one. Repaired permissions, but since all other concerts are fine there wasn't much point.

It seems to load all the plug-ins, hangs for a bit at the very end of "Loading Concert..." and then bang, Mainstage quits without even giving ANY error message; no "unexpectedly quit" or anything about the concert being corrupted.

I know there are .plist files within an individual concert (via "View Package Contents"), but I have no idea which one(s) to start removing to troubleshoot this.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Rehearsal is tomorrow.

Thanks,

Stewart
Rhodes54

Re: Single concert crashes Mainstage

Postby ace8784 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi,

I have just experienced the exact same issue. Mine now loads all of the patches/plugins, but then 'unexpectedly quits' immediately after, before bringing up the MainStage interface.

Did you find any solution..? I really don't want to have to re-program the hours worth of work!!

any advice is greatly appreciated!
ace8784

Postby michaelhuisman » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:18 am

backups? I version concerts as I build them, and save along the way... so... gignextfriday.1, then .2, then .3... so forth and so on?

failing that... I believe the channel strip settings are "in" the file itself, so right click on the file, and dive down into the contents... copy and paste the channel strip settings into another folder, then start MS again, and drag and drop these one by one into a new, blank concert and patches... its not a full recovery, but it's better than nothing.
Logic X 10.0.6 / 9.1.8, MainStage v3.03, OSX v10.9.1 Mavericks

15" retina MacBookPro i7, 16 GB RAM
MacMini i7, 16GB RAM
michaelhuisman

Postby patternicity » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:01 pm

I'm in the same scenario right now... either I have to fix this borked file, or I have to reprogram a half a week's worth of work. If ANYONE has figured out how to fix these glitched Mainstage concerts, please let me know. I'm at the end of my rope.
patternicity

Postby patternicity » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:20 am

patternicity wrote:I'm in the same scenario right now... either I have to fix this borked file, or I have to reprogram a half a week's worth of work. If ANYONE has figured out how to fix these glitched Mainstage concerts, please let me know. I'm at the end of my rope.

Discovered a solution! View here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=96790&p=504915#p504915
patternicity

Return to MainStage