Silence at beginning of file when roundtripping FCP>STP

Discuss Soundtrack Pro: Get help, Troubleshooting, Tips and Tricks...

Silence at beginning of file when roundtripping FCP>STP

Postby cnse » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:43 pm

Frequently I edit videos of live music performances. A big part of this process is enhancing the sound. Recently I've noticed that when I round trip audio files between Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 and Soundtrack Pro 2.0.2, the resultant processed audio file has 2 to 4 frames of silence at the beginning. This is a problem when I have multiple audio files that make up a continuous performance. Usually my go-to processing chain for quick enhancement is something like: Channel EQ>PSP Vintage Warmer 2>Channel EQ (mostly for the RTA)>Ad Limiter.

Does anyone have any ideas about why this process creates silence at the beginning of the files?

Thank you for any thoughts on the matter.
----
Addendum:
You may ask, "Why do you have file divisions in the middle of songs?" It's because often I record video directly to disk using an old Firestore, and it has a 2GB file size limit, so when shooting a long concert, the footage is divided into 2GB chunks, which invariably never happen between songs (where a few frames of silence would be less annoying)
Jesse Gay
Apple certified Logic Pro 9 trainer
2010 MacPro5,1 2.4GHz 8 Core|16GB RAM|256GB OWC Mercury EXTREME Pro 6G SSD|Apple RAID|10.8.5|Logic 9.1.8/10.0.4|UAD 7.9|Apollo 16|UAD2 Quad|Voyager Q, G-RAID via MaxPower eSATA 6G Pro
http://www.PDXstudio.net
cnse

Return to Soundtrack Pro