My New Digs & Studio Room

rone2him

Leasing a nice 2br/1ba house, it was built in the early 20's, a great place, this is the room I'll be using as a studio...

IS5uic3g7yi6ys1000000000.thumb.jpg.0100937135be09cf92d32d70d777d87e.jpg

(13'x18' w/vaulted ceiling); excited & looking forwards to a bright new studio, with lots of room... moving the end of Feb :mrgreen:

Edited by rone2him

Some... not a handyman or anything, but I did already make a bunch of 2'x4' bass traps frames: made with 2" Owens Corning 703 Rigid Fiberglass, that I'm using, to treat corners & use as gobos (still going to make some kinda of stands for gobo placements :oops: )...

Trap.thumb.jpg.83e5ce33c7055bc4c2682cd10774f267.jpg

So I can handle that kind of stuff ok, & I'm open to any DYI ideas in that realm, that u may have shivs ;)

Leasing a nice 2br/1ba house, it was built in the early 20's, a great place, close to the village; this is the room I'll be using as a studio...

(13'x18' w/vaulted ceiling); excited & looking forwards to a bright new studio, with lots of room... moving the end of Feb :mrgreen:

Best of wishes for your new beginnings :D

Loving the character of the room, especially the bird watching window near the roof. 8)

Edited by DaveRobinson

Loving the character of the room, especially the bird watching window near the roof. 8)

Thanks, yeah the place oozes with it throughout, was going to use this room for master bedroom, but seemed a shame to just sleep in it :roll: should make a pleasantly superb music studio :mrgreen:

Didn't know they were called 'bird watching' windows, but makes sense 8) I'll defiantly use that term 4 sure :wink:

Thanks, yeah the place oozes with it throughout, was going to use this room for master bedroom, but seemed a shame to just sleep in it :roll: should make a pleasantly superb music studio :mrgreen:

Didn't know they were called 'bird watching' windows, but makes sense 8) I'll defiantly use that term 4 sure :wink:

Sounds like exciting times ahead :D

Without the tree it would be called a 'star watching' window :mrgreen:

Hi rone2him, Thanks! 8)

I've tried to stay with the 'bird watching window' theme so used The Seagull Nebula in these images.

We had a star named in Ursa-Minor at the birth of my granddaughter.

I follow her stars progress as she grows.

I've enjoyed creating these images using pixelmator. It's a great Application. Avatar creation is something I want to practice. The pixelmator 'file' is attached also just in case you have it already installed and want to check it out.

I like your avatar already the one posted here is just me playing around. Seemed a shame not to include it.

SWWindow-800.jpg.1d52b8c20e53191c60a87feffcb5b32e.jpg

StarWatcherWindow-92x99-Avatar.jpg.bbe6750c0d299baf7354c227411628a4.jpg

StarWatcherWindow-92x99-01.pxm.zip

I do have one query about your choice of room but it's not suitable to ask it on a public board.

Feel free to PM me if you're curious.

Again, I wish you all the best in your new studio.8) Happy music making :D