The prodigal son returns

After a long absence (entire run of Logic 9) I have returned to using Logic (well will soon be when my replacement computer arrives).

Been using Ableton Live during a period of writing and re-exploring classical study (guitar). Now that I am working on recording and production again I needed a more powerful tool and am really happy to be coming home to Logc. Also anxiously looking forward to features I have missed since my days using Cubase/Nuendo that have now been incorporated into Logic. Now I will be able to merge my old work flow methods with new ones.

Glad to be participating in the forum again. Good to see many of the same faces are still around and a lot of new ones too.

Hi David. Thank you. I'm sure I will (enjoy the experience) and that you (and you guys) will (make it smoother). Especially with all the new features and tools in LPX.

I did have a lot of fun revisiting the classical guitar but a lot of frustration (esp. at first) as well. Hopefully it will have the desired effect on my future music projects.

Even being a trained musician, it's really easy to fall into the trap of relying on the technology to accomplish our musical tasks. For example, rather than fade out the end of a song using dynamics, to just keep playing past the end and then use a mixer fade. So I wanted to get back in touch with the little dots and squiggles and fundamentals that represent musical ideas and put good ideas/music into Logic as opposed to trying to use Logic to make bad ideas/music sound good (which it can do quite well, actually).

That being said, I am really looking forward to drummer because my drumming skills are seriously lacking and I don't have another few years to set aside for percussion study.