Wazzup with "OK, so..."?

Maybe it just bothers me that it is so completely nothing. OK what? Why are you saying OK before there anything to "OK"? And "so"? Why "so"? "So" is to announce an effect, after the cause has been described: I let go of the Ming vase, so it fell. "So" implies a story.

Anyway, I'm much better at doing impressions of your Avatar... :D

:lol:

The way I see it is LPH solves problems and answers questions, so there is already the implied question: "what's up? What problem do you need solving, what question do you need answering?"...

"Ok, so my problem/question is this..."

Which seems perfectly fine and not impolite to me.

"Hi"!

Ok, so this is exactly why I don't have an avatar - nothing to live up to or down to!

For some reason, this kind of reminds me of the "Logic is too dark" thread, except, with this issue, it IS possible to adjust your prefs.

:mrgreen:

I find that, and most non-traditional usage of language on the internet a little off-putting. I hate reading diatribes that massacre grammar and spelling, though, but only if English is a person's first language. People who don't know how to properly greet someone via email, or sign off, I find rude.

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!

• 3 weeks later...

""Or how about ...

and so ... yeah

used when relating a past event and teller is unsure or too lazy to think of a good way to conclude it

"...and the car just sat there.. and so yeah.""

"and so … yeah" - This one is running rampant on YouTube "tutorial" videos. It's especially common by people who are just a half a notch above complete novices, but figured out how to post their own tutorial.

I agree… this little manneristic attempt to sound casually relaxed is pretty annoying.

OK, so, ...

You guys realize that the gods of mischief and possibly the "greeble people" are taking notes for future reference.... right?

Finding out what irritates you and then using it is their forte!

And now you've posted it online ........

wazzup with that?

:)

OK, so, ...

You guys realize that the gods of mischief and possibly the "greeble people" are taking notes for future reference.... right?

Finding out what irritates you and then using it is their forte!

And now you've posted it online ........

wazzup with that?

:)

Just showing utter fearlessness in the face of potential greebly tauntings, that's all. 8)