How to delete LogicProHelp.com account?

David, I don't want to sound difficult, but I kindly ask you to delete my account and all subsequent forum posts. It is my right to ask you to respect my privacy, and it is my right to demand that a website owner deletes a user account and data, upon request.

Please be so kind to confirm your OK on the matter, it would be highly appreciated.

How can there be 'subsequent' forum posts from a deleted account?

I believe he actually meant presequent, but I don't think that's a word. :mrgreen:

I don't get DDDBBB212' "privacy" argument. Nobody knows who DDDBBB212 actually is, so there is no privacy to respect.

Yeah, it's a bit like if someone writes a letter to a newspaper, they publish it and then you ask them to delete all references to it. I too am with David on this one; if DDDBBB212 wants to leave the forum, he can simply stop posting. I doubt anyone will be stalking his/her anonymous self out in the real world.

I think he means that he has copyright control over the content of his posts, and that he has the right to demand their removal. I've seen this argument a few times, and, as I am not a lawyer, am unsure as to the legal validity of such an argument. I think that if he wants to go and edit out all of his posts he can, at least here. I know of a couple of other places where you lose the right to edit after a specified interval, ranging from 10 minutes to a few days. I personally have a problem with that approach, as I tend to fall into the camp of 'my words belong to me.'

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way with published media. Yes, the comments may be yours, but as soon as they are published they are in the public domain. You wouldn't be able to ask a newspaper if they had already printed a letter or article of yours to remove it from their copies... it's much the same with forums. I also feel any ownership or deletion request issues should be dealt with in the dign-up rules, but I am sure David's got that covered.

David,

Can you be so kind to respond and confirm deletion of all content I posted on this forum?

DDDBBB212, I'd like to make a suggestion.

Don't sign up to any other forums or comment sections on any public/open forums on the internet so as to save you some anxiety and to save the administrators the chore of dealing with your indecision and lack of forethought.

Also, I'm just an amateur, but, I really think this thread would benefit from a guitar solo about midway through the thread and you should turn down the vocals. Oh, yeah, and the drums seem flat and lifeless. Perhaps they need more reverb. Also, your reasoning seems to have no range.

You need to remember that there is no privacy on a PUBLIC FORUM! You agreed to certain things when you signed up. (You might

want to read those End User License Agreements.) Anyway, I would not try to tell people what they need to do with their computers, it is just a lesson in futility.

Though if you really want to delete your own posts, just create a website that you alone control. Then you can delete anything you want!

David,

Can you be so kind to respond and confirm deletion of all content I posted on this forum?

DDDBBB212, like I said we do not delete accounts, or the content posted by our users. If you're having a specific privacy issue let me know how we can help you, for example by changing your username, or removing any personal info from a specific post you've made in the past? But otherwise, once something is posted in a thread, it stays in that thread. Otherwise as others have pointed out, the thread ends up having "holes" in it, and no longer makes sense, a frustrating experience for anyone reading it - which is what we're trying to avoid.

Hi Dave

The suggestion of changing my username would be a good solution, so the threads can remain.

Please change it into : DDDBBB212 (or something similar)

PS: can you delete any text references in the posts of this thread regarding my ”old” username?

• 3 weeks later...
I don't get DDDBBB212' "privacy" argument. Nobody knows who DDDBBB212 actually is, so there is no privacy to respect.

It could be an issue if someone uses the same username across multiple forum/websites.

Believe it or not, sometimes situations also arise in the "real world" that can carry over to the internet. About a decade ago, I was a moderator on another forum where a member (posting under his first name only) was having some issues with an ex, who took it upon herself to follow his internet activity and attempted to complicate his life online as well. Goofy stuff, but we live in a goofy world full of goofy people.