New to Logic Pro X - I bought it this morning

I come from years of using Peak and Peak Pro (until the bitter end). I happened to see a message in the Console that an upcoming update would break Peak Pro, so I figured it was time to bail. I had dabbled with Pro Tools LE via an MBox 2 Micro. Pro Tools was overkill for what I was doing. I find Logic Pro to be similar in many ways to PTLE, but a tad bit more user friendly.

I do miss Gain Envelopes from Peak Pro, but so far that is the only downside that I've found.

I suspect I'll be lurking here for quite a while getting up to speed and reading through the forum.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
I come from years of using Peak and Peak Pro (until the bitter end). I happened to see a message in the Console that an upcoming update would break Peak Pro, so I figured it was time to bail. I had dabbled with Pro Tools LE via an MBox 2 Micro. Pro Tools was overkill for what I was doing. I find Logic Pro to be similar in many ways to PTLE, but a tad bit more user friendly.

I do miss Gain Envelopes from Peak Pro, but so far that is the only downside that I've found.

I suspect I'll be lurking here for quite a while getting up to speed and reading through the forum.

Cheers!

I was one of the last hold outs also. I kept updating but I could tell that something was happening in the company. Something not good.

It is sad when a truly good program loses support. I am hoping that Logic will not meet the same fate. I have a feeling in 30 years they will find me with my version 9 of Logic and the 2007 Mac Pro and will find me dead over my keyboard still holding on to my outdated but still working system.