Seen any good Concerts lately?

mdee

I have a wide musical range but for the most part I prefer Pop, Top 40 - 80’s Synth Music and Jazz. I can’t really get into some of the Nursery Rhyme sounding Auto Tuned music that is out there now.

Some of the acts I saw last year were; Paul McCartney, Kiss, Hank Williams Jr. and Gregg Allman. Last month I saw Crosby Stills and Nash, Motley Crue with Alice Cooper and then Deep Purple Saturday night Aug 30th. This month I will be seeing Tom Petty with Steve Winwood... Earth Wind and Fire in October and Fleetwood Mac in December.

I never owned a Kiss album nor any HWJr., The Crue or Alice Cooper. Maybe some of this is to recapture my youth or to see a group at least once just to be entertained. I know they are not all original lineups and for the most part sometimes their vocals are shot!

The first time I saw Paul he was with Wings so that tells you how long ago that was. He still puts on a great show btw and the last time I saw EW&F was in Vegas several years ago and I enjoyed the show. Tom Petty is always great to see and this will be my second time seeing Fleetwood Mac because I felt now that Christie McVie is back and with John being sick it may be the last chance to see this classic lineup.

What about you?

Edited by mdee

I saw this last year: http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/frank-zappas-200-motels-71696

It was amazing!

I always work at Glastonbury festival, so I get to see quite a lot of "name" bands, but this guy is always one of my favourites, I find his bittersweet blend of melancholy and humour very engaging (but I do tend to like the stranger stuff, I'd see these guys over Metallica or The Pixies any day):

[WARNING: some naughty language contained within]