Hi there

Emre

Hey LPH,

I´ve been a keen reader of LPH for a decent time now, and I thought it might be time to chime in and to officially join the party by signing up. Over time I have found some incredibly useful advice on this site, so let me start by saying a huge "Thank you" to all of you. This forum is spot on and I´m looking forward to interacting with all of you from now on!

Best,

Emre

Hey David, you´re welcome and yeah, feels good to be here! Ha, long time lurker - true that :D In my case that also applies to Logic itself, since I started using our beloved program back in the emagic days (1997 or so...), so I guess I´m not really a pro, but kind of a veteran. ;-) Cheers!

Niiice!! :-D Ah man, those days... I started on 3.x (of course PC - we all knew that Apple´s G series with its then famous "velocity engine" sounded superior, but we just couldn't afford those beasts :-D), and some years after that made a leap directly to the 5.x series. I still remember that I was completely blown away by this new mighty feature called automation...dang! No more set and forget ;-) Not to mention all those new little plugs (how the hell does this multiprocessor work? ;-)), synths - and multiple undo! Hahaha, I sound like a grandpa telling tales from WWII....

Totally. Remember when you had to pay for ES2? Pay for Space Designer? Pay for each individual Jam Pack? Now you see people complaining that $199 for the whole thing is too expensive. Funny.

I started on 4.x. My very first computer was the very first G4. It was the first Mac to sport USB ports and no serial ports, so I had to buy a serial-USB adaptor just so I could connect the dongle.

Talk about feeling like a grandpa! :lol:

Of course I do! :-D

So true (and sad), today´s folks take all these great features and extras for granted. It´s a shame. If they were to assemble all those features within other DAWs they´d freak out to see that this would be about ten times the price of Logic. IMO Logic is the best bang for buck DAW around.

BTW: I have heard very good comments about your books´ German translations, gotta check those out if I should move on to X.