Welcome to our new forum!

The forum runs smooth using safari, really responsive. The previous version of safari menu had clear cache and reset safari and got used regularly, now the menu has only reset safari.

I don't select all of the items in the reset cache menu :shock:

Everything runs very nice but does this "cleaning" change the colour codes used in the forums?

The colours are a cool feature and i don't want to reset them all the time, just when needed.

• 5 months later...
For some reason I do not always get an email notice about new posts on threads that I have posted on. I have not clicked the "Unsubscribe Topic" link.

I believe that if you receive an email notification about a new reply, and do not click the link in that email that makes you log-in in order to see the reply, the forum software has no way of knowing you read that reply. And if it doesn't know you read the reply it assumes you're no longer interested in receiving email notifications, so it stops sending them.

I believe that if you receive an email notification about a new reply, and do not click the link in that email that makes you log-in in order to see the reply, the forum software has no way of knowing you read that reply. And if it doesn't know you read the reply it assumes you're no longer interested in receiving email notifications, so it stops sending them.

Hmm. That may be the case but I have been using the link which does not make you sign in since the new forum was introduced and I know that I have been getting email notices for many (or maybe even most) of the replies.

I'll test it over the next week or so and see if I can confirm your suspicion David.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
You have 1 hour to delete your post and 6 hours to edit it. If that's an issue for any reason, contact me privately and I'll arrange to make sure you can edit your post beyond those time limits.

Thanks for the update David.

The 6 hour edit limit seems reasonable for most situations but it does prevent us from editing our subject line with the word "SOLVED" if the problem is not solved in 6 hours (unless we PM you).

But I think I know why you have changed the policy (based on a recent thread in the Lounge?).

It wasn't based on that thread but based on yet another incident where a member deleted all his 100 posts since he joined. You're right though it does create an issue to mark the thread solved. I increased the edit time to 5 full days. I believe that should do the trick in most situations.

It wasn't based on that thread but based on yet another incident where a member deleted all his 100 posts since he joined. You're right though it does create an issue to mark the thread solved. I increased the edit time to 5 full days. I believe that should do the trick in most situations.

Sorry to hear about the "deleter". That really does mess things up.

Thanks for the increase in editing time. That should do the trick.