Welcome to our new forum!

Welcome to our new Logic Pro Help website and forum!

I am very excited about the new site, and I hope you like it. If you find anything wrong with the forum software or the website in general, please do reply to this thread to share your feedback.

New Moderators

The new team of moderator is:

David (Yours truly)

fader8

EricBradley

Jordito

Welcome to our new moderators, Eric and Jordi!!

First of all...

Congratulations David on the successful launch of the new LogicProHelp.com!!! It looks great!

Secondly...

Congrats and welcome to EricBradley and Jordito as the new moderators.

Last...

Just one bummer that I've noticed so far. When you click on a link in a post, it opens in the existing browser window. In the old LPH.com, links would open in a new browser window leaving your original window in tact. That was really handy. Was this change intended or is it possible that that behavior will be restored.

Thanks and again, congratulations on a job well done!

Nice new feature.

I just ran across an attachment and the image is in a window with scroll bars. i was thinking, bummer, you can't see the whole image at once. Then I clicked on it and the image opened to full size. Nice. Very good idea David! Good job!

PS. My post above doesn't have an Edit button. It only has Delete Post, Report this Post and Reply with Quotes.

Congratulations David on the successful launch of the new LogicProHelp.com!!! It looks great!

Thank you Scott! I'm glad to hear you like it!!

Just one bummer that I've noticed so far. When you click on a link in a post, it opens in the existing browser window. In the old LPH.com, links would open in a new browser window leaving your original window in tact. That was really handy. Was this change intended or is it possible that that behavior will be restored.

Hmm.. this I do not understand, as I never had that behavior myself on the old board, nor was it ever coded to work the way you describe, so I wonder if anyone else was seeing that behavior with the old board? Wait let me try just to make sure....(...).. well no, just tried the old board, it opens topics in the same window for me. In any case, no, that's not the way it's supposed to work, I'm afraid it is supposed to open in the same window. Usually it's a matter of using a key command if you want to open a link in a new window. For example in Chrome, I Command-click to open in a new tab.

Nice new feature.

I just ran across an attachment and the image is in a window with scroll bars. i was thinking, bummer, you can't see the whole image at once. Then I clicked on it and the image opened to full size. Nice. Very good idea David! Good job!

PS. My post above doesn't have an Edit button. It only has Delete Post, Report this Post and Reply with Quotes.

You can only edit your posts up to 15mn after posting. This is to protect against abusive editing, which can render threads meaningless when people go back to an old post and edit or delete its content.

Do you feel like 15mn is too short maybe? OK I changed it to 30mn.

Welcome to our new Logic Pro Help website and forum!

The new forum looks awesome! Congratulations to you and your team, David. I've been through a few "site upgrades" in my time and I know how much work they are and the stress involved. Now go get some proper sleep :-)

--

Moose

Thank you Moose! The amount of stress involved was utterly insane. In the past 3 days I cheated at least a half a dozen cardiac arrests. Seriously. :shock:

just tried the old board, it opens topics in the same window for me.

I mean links to other pages or web sites like the link to the Logic Pro 9 Manual in my signature. It use to open those pages in separate windows here.

Don't know if it's a browser thing or not but I have not changed browser versions since the LPH.com upgrade. Safari v.5.0.6

You can only edit your posts up to 15mn after posting. This is to protect against abusive editing, which can render threads meaningless when people go back to an old post and edit or delete its content.

Do you feel like 15mn is too short maybe? OK I changed it to 30mn.

Thanks for the explanation.

30mn seems perfect in my opinion.

Great job, David!

We're all glad to get that clunky old site behind us.

Favorite new feature: Save Draft!

Bug: When viewing the User Control Panel, or other forum utility pages, the Forum menu item in the main menu does not resolve back to the forum. It takes you to the site's home page instead.

Bug: When viewing the User Control Panel, or other forum utility pages, the Forum menu item in the main menu does not resolve back to the forum. It takes you to the site's home page instead.

Yes, I noticed that too. It looks like the only Forum button on the top of the page that brings you to the Forum is the one on the Home page. All other Forum buttons link back to the Home page.

Also, some of the pages are not displaying your banner ads. Just a boxed question mark in the image area where the ad should be.

My favorite new feature is: Friend or Foe. :D

And that using BBcode shortcuts (IE: emoticons, or bold, italic buttons.) now paste were the playhead is... I mean cursor.

I think this is consistent all through the site.

Clicking on the highlighted forum button 1751307228_ScreenShot2011-12-30at4_10_54PM.png.91465b0d5bc9d75e22dc0bdb28a484b7.png takes you to the home page.

My favorite new feature is: Friend or Foe. :D

And that using BBcode shortcuts (IE: emoticons, or bold, italic buttons.) now paste were the playhead is... I mean cursor.

I think this is consistent all through the site.

Clicking on the highlighted forum button [attachment=0]Screen Shot 2011-12-30 at 4.10.54 PM.png[/attachment] takes you to the home page.

I noticed that too. This will be fixed.. probably tomorrow. :wink:

Hmm.. this I do not understand, as I never had that behavior myself on the old board, nor was it ever coded to work the way you describe, so I wonder if anyone else was seeing that behavior with the old board?

On my browser (Firefox 8.0.1), links in the old forum used to open in a new tab in the same window. (I do have the "Open new windows in a new tab instead" setting turned on in FF8, which probably explains the subtle difference between my case and Scott's case.) Now links open in the same tab (i.e. replacing the post that contained the link.) I rather liked it the old way, but wouldn't put up much of a fuss if it can't be easily changed. I'm pretty used to using the "Open Link in New Tab" context menu item for other sites.

--

Moose