Cannot assign key command to the "D" key [FIXED]

Holger Lagerfeldt

Logic Pro 10.0.6. It's the same on both my studio computer (Mac Mini, Mavericks 10.9.2) and laptop (MacBook Pro, 10.9.2). Danish keyboard layout.

I've tried initializing key commands and Logic Pro in general, but no luck.

I found out I can assign something to the "D" key if I use Learn by Key Position, but not Key Label, at least on my laptop (haven't tested in the studio yet).

It simply defaults to the hardwired function of Hide/Show List Editors, which was changed in version 10.0.5 I believe.

Is this a bug that can be confirmed or what's going on?

Take the Hide/Show List Editors command and delete the D assignment.

Close the Key command window and press D. It will still toggle the List editor.

I have D assigned to Delete Duplicated Events (lp 9 & 8 default?), and I have had no probs with it.

I just chose the US default set, then deleted the D assignment, closed the Key Command window and pressed D: it only produces a screenflash, as it should. So it seems this is not a "straight" bug. May be something wrong with the .cs file?

I found out I can assign something to the "D" key if I use Learn by Key Position, but not Key Label, at least on my laptop (haven't tested in the studio yet).

It simply defaults to the hardwired function of Hide/Show List Editors, which was changed in version 10.0.5 I believe.

I cannot reproduce this bug. I can use learn by key label to assign D to any command I want here.

Take the Hide/Show List Editors command and delete the D assignment.

Close the Key command window and press D. It will still toggle the List editor.

I can however confirm that behavior.

So Eric can confirm it, David cannot.

But you can both confirm something is wrong with the Hide/Show Lists function, which is by default set to the D key. So this would indicate there is indeed a problem with the D key somehow.

I'm trying to assign the function for automatically adjusting locators based on selected regions/notes. But it won't.

H,

seems to work here, I've got the Swedish (&Finnish) layout. I have had some problems with Traktor for instance, and it's been because of US vs. Finn layout. Was sorted later on, though I already had a workaround and didn't need to go back to whatever they much later fixed. So... No help from here, but have experienced something similar.

Yep, I'm using Dutch. I'll switch to US extended.

OK, I get the same behaviour now, after switching my Mac to US Extended keyboardlayout: delete "D" as assignment from Logic, it'll still toggle the editor. Switching back to Dutch layout did not alter the behaviour back to "good". I guess to finalize this I now need to reboot and try again.

Those editortogglers are unreliable. Sometimes a toggling command will toggle the wrong editor. I have W and E assigned to toggle the event list and the audio file editor respectively, but at the moment both keys toggle only the audio file editor... restarting Logic does seem to clear that though, so it may be some sort of RAM corruption...?

Yep, I'm using Dutch. I'll switch to US extended.

OK, I get the same behaviour now, after switching my Mac to US Extended keyboardlayout: delete "D" as assignment from Logic, it'll still toggle the editor. Switching back to Dutch layout did not alter the behaviour back to "good". I guess to finalize this I now need to reboot and try again.

Rebooting has indeed "restored" the original behaviour in which I had no problem with de-assigning "D". So the US keyboardlayoutpreset appears to be involved, as David suspected.

• 9 months later...