10.0.7: Event List / Piano Roll bugs [FIXED]

MichaelJM

I've been using Logic X for about a year now, and I've come across a lot of bugs that bother me on a routine basis. I would love to know if anyone else is encountering these, and if perhaps there's a more efficient way to work to avoid these. These are bugs that I just can't believe still exist, because they drive me crazy.

I recorded myself working for about 5 minutes, and caught some of the ones I encounter frequently:

" rel="external nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Bug #1 - Event List notes don't highlight when they are selected in the Piano Roll. How is this possibly a bug? I use the Event List constantly, and it makes it incredibly difficult to use if I can't see what the notes I have selected are. It takes multiple attempts at selecting the note to see it highlighted in the Event List.

Bug #2 - Clicking in the Controller Draw pane changes the view in the Piano Roll. I've encountered this a few times, but when clicking outside the yellow line, just within the CC Draw pane (not sure of the official title), the piano roll view moves in the general direction of where you clicked. It's almost as if Logic thinks I want the view to center around the area I just clicked. Not sure why this happens, or how to avoid it.

Bug #3 - It's impossible to draw extreme CC values on first try in Controller pane. When the sustain pedal view is up, it is impossible to click and drag a point down to 0 on the first try. The only sustain pedals that matter are 0 & 127 so this is just crazy. (I know it can still work without it being all the way to 0, but I like neatness in my projects) Additionally, it's impossible to click and drag a point in the Modulation pane to 127. You can change it to 127 in the Event List, but not in the Piano Roll panel. Admittedly a minor, inconsequential bug, but totally baffling all the same.

Finally. the bug that rivals all bugs for me is one I didn't include in the video. The last note in a MIDI Region - when selected in the Piano Roll, absolutely does not appear in the Event List. The note is below the scrollable area, hidden. I've resorted to adding a few notes after the last note so it appears in the Event List. Absolutely infuriating bug.

None of these bugs existed in Logic 8, and I noticed these almost immediately in Logic X. It can't be just me can it?

I will be contacting Apple about these because I do desperately want them to be fixed. It's just hard for me to understand why they even exist in the first place.

Thank you Atlas007 - It's good to hear I'm not the only one. Though it's unfortunate that everyone has to deal these.

I just sent 2 messages to Apple support. Via: https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

(The text box didn't allow for much text so I had to send 2...)

I hope they're listening. I know I've encountered others too; I'll be keeping track of them from now on.

• 5 months later...