Solo and multi-routed bus [BUG]

IMRECS

If I have a track and I send it to a Bus, which is returned on more than one aux, and I solo the track, only the track and the first aux that bus is sent to plays. For example, I send snare to Bus 1 and Bus 1 is returned on Aux 1 and Aux 2, and solo the snare, Aux 2 does not play.

Is there a way to have all of the Aux's returned from that bus play when the signal I am sending via that bus is solo'd? Thanks

The "cheat" for that is to also put a send to aux 2 on the audio track, and then turn that off. This will "fool" Logic into keeping Aux 2 open when soloing the audio track.

If that doesn't do it, you can Solo-safe Aux 2 (control-click the solo button).

can you explain this cheat, I am not sure how to send to an "aux" from the audio track.

solo safe aux 2 doesn't work because I have this problem with multiple aux's and I can't solo safe everything.

any other suggestions?

I just examined this again and I actually cannot get my workaround to, eh, work, earlier I misinterpreted the description of your routing.

If two auxes have the same bus as input, the second one (Aux 1b in my pics) indeed mutes when soloing the source track, as if it is "unaware". Stranger is that the Single view in the mixer does understand that both two auxes are involved in the source tracks' routing.

589806476_pic2014-10-21at17_31_00.PNG.06473f9b30773f9e3416db52dec8ae5c.PNG

1501982288_pic2014-10-21at17_31_15.PNG.d2c3122fdfbf8df54094e60076393c04.PNG

Creating an extra send in the way I suggested doesn't work in this case.

I'd say it's a bug.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

• 1 month later...

989528849_LogicProXsolomode.png.a4dfcc768ffb0a70871fc70cbf01ece4.pngHi. Not sure if this is the same bug, but it may relate to it. To make things easier to understand, I will add a screenshot of my situation in LPX.

Settings are:

1. Solo buttons engaged only on "Bass" and "Delay (Bus 2)" channels.

2. "Kick" and "Piano" channels have blinking "S" (solo) buttons - Solo-in-place.

So my question is, based on the information in the screenshot:

Why can I still hear the "Kick" & "Piano" channels Reverb (Bus 1) ??

If I disengage the "Bass" channel SOLO button and have only the "Delay" (Bus 2) SOLO on, then I only hear the Delay from each of the 3 audio track channels (Kick, Bass & Piano), which is correct. However, when engaging ANY of either Kick, Bass or Piano SOLO buttons, I hear ALL of these channels' Reverb in the output mix! This doesn't seem correct to me - I believe that I should ONLY hear Reverb coming from the audio channel that is SOLO'ed, namely the "Bass" channel in the screenshot (obviously I will hear Delay from all the audio channels as I am SOLOing the Delay channel). Any thoughts?

Thanks for your replies in advance :-)

• 1 month later...