Which ipad?

ChrisJ

Hi thinking about getting an ipad pro or ipad air and GarageBand, would like your general thoughts on..

Do i need the largest ram, because the additional content like logic lives locally? Or is it cloud based?

Can the ipad air really run Garageband well? Can one use GarageBand with no internet, eg no wifi/sim data.

Do ipad apps - like GarageBand save projects locally or is it all cloud?

Is there an easy way to transfer GarageBand projects to logic, and how well to they translate?

Thanks.

A couple of subjective comments.

• Screen size is pretty personal, I like the regular 10 inch format myself.

• Solid state memory capacity depends on what you are going to use it for. If you are going to record 22 simultaneous of long live performances you are probably going to need the beefiest one. I would avoid anything less than 64 GB today.

Other than that:

The Air 2 runs Garageband without hiccups. You always use the internal storage for projects but you can download and upload them to iCloud. You do not need an internet connection to run GB.

You can use several methods to transfer projects between GarageBand and Logic Pro X. I like iCloud drive myself but you can use the ancient iTunes way if you don't want to do it via the network.