9.1.7 tip when using multi out instrument

lostmemories

Hi, I don't know if this was noticed before, but I discover since the version 9.1.7 it is possible to use Midi regions on Aux tracks attached to a multi out instrument.

For example, if you create an Ultrabeat with multi audio out, and add the aux output to the arrangement view, it is now possible to add midi regions on these aux tracks, this was not possible before the 9.1.7! So, you have directly the Midi datas attached to the Audio output in the inspector.

It's really great for multi timbral instruments that have multi audio output and multi midi channels, but for drums tracks too by linking audio channels and separated midi tracks together.

In this version, it seems a midi object is automatically attached to the Aux channel.

I join a picture of the routing :D Enjoy...

917multioumidi.png.5402ed6fcf005cbca90e484e8eb76a97.png

• 5 months later...

Yep, I'm still in shock from this one...I wish I had known before!

This is all they tell you in the release notes:

When adding Auxes as additional outputs for Multi Output Software Instruments, the additional Auxes are automatically assigned the same color and track icon as the Software Instrument.

Oh how nice! The same color and icon! Pretty! Why keep the other stuff secret? :evil:

J.

Do you mean to say that those MIDI regions will play the sounds directly from the Aux tracks?

Yes.

Can you just select an aux track and then play a part on to it?

Yes.

Wow. Thanks for the tip lostmemories! Lets spread the word around.

And very weird that Apple doesn't mention anything about this..... looks like it solves the problem of pan and volume control directly on your Multiinstrument midi track. Any caveats? Do these tracks work in all other respects like a regular MIDI track?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Seeing as how the Record button doesn't appear on the Aux track in the window; is there a way to select multiple midi instruments on the arrange page (that are aux tracks) so more than one of them is playing when you play the keyboard?

Sadly, this does not seem to be possible with this new method

CCT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks David but I didn't find the answer on that page or maybe I just didn't understand it :). Anyway, my question was, when I use multiouts instrument ( Kontakt drums) with aux channels for individual drum midi in the arrange window and I'd like to bounce those individual tracks to audio, it's not possible. What I found, I have to export them one by one or export all the tracks in the project ? (which I don't want/need to do).

But David, he doesn't want to have to export all tracks as audio files, just the drums.

Then:

1) In Preferences > Audio > General, set Track Mute/Solo to CPU-saving (Slow Response).

2) In the Arrange area, solo the tracks you want (or mute the ones you don't),

3) Choose File > Export All Tracks as Audio Files.

But David, he doesn't want to have to export all tracks as audio files, just the drums.

Then:

1) In Preferences > Audio > General, set Track Mute/Solo to CPU-saving (Slow Response).

2) In the Arrange area, solo the tracks you want (or mute the ones you don't),

3) Choose File > Export All Tracks as Audio Files.

Right, forgot about that tip!

Still, it would be nice if the bounce track in place option worked again (Include instrument multi-outputs > as additional tracks) like it used to a couple of years ago:

viewtopic.php?t=72910

I can't get this to work on Logic 9.1.8, maybe the new feature discussed here broke that other one...

J.