OSX 10.9.2 is out through Software Update

About the update

The OS X Mavericks v10.9.2 Update is recommended for all OS X Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:

• Adds the ability to make and receive FaceTime audio calls
  • Adds call waiting support for FaceTime audio and video calls
  • Adds the ability to block incoming iMessages from individual senders
  • Includes general improvements to the stability and compatibility of Mail
  • Improves the accuracy of unread counts in Mail
  • Resolves an issue that prevented Mail from receiving new messages from certain providers
  • Improves AutoFill compatibility in Safari
  • Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion on certain Macs
  • Improves reliability when connecting to a file server using SMB2
  • Fixes an issue that may cause VPN connections to disconnect
  • Improves VoiceOver navigation in Mail and Finder
  • Improves VoiceOver reliability when navigating websites
  • Improves compatibility with Gmail Archive mailboxes
  • Includes improvements to Gmail labels
  • Improves Safari browsing and Software Update installation when using an authenticated web proxy
  • Fixes an issue that could cause the Mac App Store to offer updates for apps that are already up to date
  • Improves the reliability of diskless NetBoot service in OS X Server
  • Fixes braille driver support for specific HandyTech displays
  • Resolves an issue when using Safe Boot with some systems
  • Improves ExpressCard compatibility for some MacBook Pro 2010 models
  • Resolves an issue which prevented printing to printers shared by Windows XP
  • Resolves an issue with Keychain that could cause repeated prompts to unlock the Local Items keychain
  • Fixes an issue that could prevent certain preference panes from opening in System Preferences
  • Fixes an issue that may prevent migration from completing while in Setup Assistant

For detailed information about the security content of this update, see Apple security updates.

Besides fixing the SSL bug it may also fix the Haswell - Fusion drive bug. (• Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion on certain Macs)

I have never posted before but thought this might be of interest to those of you who have been experiencing problems with the stop command in Logic 9.1.8 not responding, especially when the EQ Analyzer was on.

I just did the Maveriks update 10.9.2 but I'm still running Logic 9.1.8. As many of you know there was a problem with this setup not responding at certain times. I loaded a large session and opened 7 plugin windows, 4 of them Channel EQ with the Analyzer function ON. I also had a Spectrasonics and an East West Window open. For good measure I opened Kontakt.

No matter what I did I could not make it fail. It stopped immediately every time. Making adjustments on the fly to the EQ curve also worked (this was impossible before)

So, while other people need to run this update and test their own systems to make double sure, I think whatever was causing this problem has been addresed by Apple. Yippee! This comes just at the right time. I was about to pull the trigger and roll back to Snow Leopard if only for the stability. It might be my imagination because I haven't done any time tests but Logic seems snappier under Mavericks, epsecially with this update. I hope I'm not premature in celebrating.

There appears to be some problem between the OSX 10.9.2 update and some MOTU audio devices. I lost the ability to configure the main outs. I'm not alone, unfortunately.(Check out the Motunation web-site: http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57046 ) Don't have time to problem-solve. Will attempt to work on this issue over the week-end. In the meanwhile, MOTU device users might want to hold off on updating to 10.9.2 until this issue has been resolved.

:(

I have never posted before but thought this might be of interest to those of you who have been experiencing problems with the stop command in Logic 9.1.8 not responding, especially when the EQ Analyzer was on.

I just did the Maveriks update 10.9.2 but I'm still running Logic 9.1.8. As many of you know there was a problem with this setup not responding at certain times. I loaded a large session and opened 7 plugin windows, 4 of them Channel EQ with the Analyzer function ON. I also had a Spectrasonics and an East West Window open. For good measure I opened Kontakt.

No matter what I did I could not make it fail. It stopped immediately every time. Making adjustments on the fly to the EQ curve also worked (this was impossible before)

So, while other people need to run this update and test their own systems to make double sure, I think whatever was causing this problem has been addresed by Apple. Yippee! This comes just at the right time. I was about to pull the trigger and roll back to Snow Leopard if only for the stability. It might be my imagination because I haven't done any time tests but Logic seems snappier under Mavericks, epsecially with this update. I hope I'm not premature in celebrating.

Sorry to say, the Mavericks 10.9.2 update did NOT solve this problem. I have realized that it only happens after working on a project for a while. Maybe 30 minutes or so. Could it be RAM is not disposing of things correctly? I have no idea but I want to apologize for the obviously premature celebration that the Mavericks update had solved this. It did not and I am kind of pissed off at the moment. How in the world can Apple be ignoring this problem? Thousands of composers who paid good money for their computers and Apple software are screwed. Apple has their money - they have nothing but heartache. It's very discouraging.

Excuse my naive question (as most of mine are!) ....can I / Should I get OSX Mavericks as I am on Snow Leopard and Logic Pro 9. I also have GEForce M-Tron Pro plug in.

Will it mess up my clean machine?

Will it mess up Logic Pro 9?

Will it mess up M-Tron Pro?

Help! I am beyond the limit of my knowledge and understanding (again)...

Excuse my naive question (as most of mine are!) ....can I / Should I get OSX Mavericks as I am on Snow Leopard and Logic Pro 9. I also have GEForce M-Tron Pro plug in.

What do you need from Mavericks? Certainly nothing to run Logic 9. Snow Leopard is the perfect choice anyway.

....well, I read in a professional computing magazine that Apple is withdrawing its ongoing support for Snow Leopard, i.e. security fixes etc. Naturally I don't want an OS which is insecure so I assume the only way out was to 'upgrade' the OS, and I thought Mavericks was the latest you had to move to. No?

....well, I read in a professional computing magazine that Apple is withdrawing its ongoing support for Snow Leopard, i.e. security fixes etc. Naturally I don't want an OS which is insecure so I assume the only way out was to 'upgrade' the OS, and I thought Mavericks was the latest you had to move to. No?

Nothing to worry about. Pure hype as in a lot of computing magazines.

Recently a big security issue had to be fixed in Mavericks, the SSL bug. Snow Leopard didn't have that problem. How ironic.

What do you need from Mavericks? Certainly nothing to run Logic 9. Snow Leopard is the perfect choice anyway.

I'm about to buy Kontakt 5 and it doesn't say it's compatible with Snow Leopard, so I'm looking at upgrading the OS in order to run Kontakt and probably some other newly developed programs. Mavericks is free so it seemed logical... I've been very happy with Logic 9.1.8 on Snow Leopard, but looks like I will need to upgrade... heard there were issues with MOTU and Mavericks...

I'm about to buy Kontakt 5 and it doesn't say it's compatible with Snow Leopard, so I'm looking at upgrading the OS in order to run Kontakt and probably some other newly developed programs. Mavericks is free so it seemed logical... I've been very happy with Logic 9.1.8 on Snow Leopard, but looks like I will need to upgrade... heard there were issues with MOTU and Mavericks...

Mavericks is a very unpredictable OS. You hear it's great, it's slow, it killed my computer, out of memory too quick, it's awesome and it's free and so forth.

It definitely handles memory way different than Snow Leopard. Sometimes worse.

Do you have a Core 2 Duo on your laptop? If you do, be prepared for anything, especially because you have only 4 gigs of ram and with Kontakt that's not a lot if you have to work in 64-bit.

Hi

The upgrade was smooth and no massive changes noticed here.

I now get notified in advance when receiving a txt message on iPhone :shock:

Disabling in system preferences doesn't alter this behaviour.

On the plus side my firewire disk seems to be performing slightly better.

If you're referring to the notifications center, it has a do not disturb mode. You can set a range for 'do not disturb' to be active. I set it to come on at midnight and go off at 11:59 so there is only one minute per day I have ot deal with those annoying alerts. ALso you can change what will send alerts in system settings.

Mavericks is a very unpredictable OS. You hear it's great, it's slow, it killed my computer, out of memory too quick, it's awesome and it's free and so forth.

It definitely handles memory way different than Snow Leopard. Sometimes worse.

Do you have a Core 2 Duo on your laptop? If you do, be prepared for anything, especially because you have only 4 gigs of ram and with Kontakt that's not a lot if you have to work in 64-bit.

Thanks for the advice. Yes it's a Core 2 Duo. I can't necessarily wait til I can afford a new computer before I get Kontakt as I'll need some better sample libraries for some projects that are coming up (and several need a full version of kontakt to run them)... but I'll heed your warning.

As kontakt 5 requires OS 10.7 or higher, I'm now looking at a Mountain Lion upgrade instead of Mavericks... I've only heard positive things about Mountain Lion from muso friends...

Mavericks was absolutely fine for me until this latest update. I'm getting some flickering lines when plugins like Amplitube or Geist are open while play is active. I thought it was only a Logic problem but it's even worse when using Ableton Live 9.1. I've tried all the suggested fixes like NVRAM reset & repairing permissions, I might go back to 10.9.1.

I've sent a bug report to Apple & It seems that others are having similar problems so hopefully there'll be a fix in 10.9.3

There appears to be some problem between the OSX 10.9.2 update and some MOTU audio devices. I lost the ability to configure the main outs. I'm not alone, unfortunately.(Check out the Motunation web-site: http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57046 ) Don't have time to problem-solve. Will attempt to work on this issue over the week-end. In the meanwhile, MOTU device users might want to hold off on updating to 10.9.2 until this issue has been resolved.

For those affected: according to the latest posts on the thread referenced above, the newly released driver from MOTU resolves this issue.

For those affected: according to the latest posts on the thread referenced above, the newly released driver from MOTU resolves this issue.

The new driver issued by MOTU seems to have addressed the problem. At present, my MOTU audio devices seem to be functioning as intended. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I think I am having the same problem. The only thing is, I believe my audio device requires a different driver than the one you mentioned.. So i think i have to wait until M-Audio updates their driver or am i wrong?? I seriously need advice because it's quite frustrating.. :x Im working with Profire.. What do you suggest I do? (If there is anything i Can do to solve this problem) I have the 10.9.2 by the way