Apple releases Logic 9.1.5

In your software update!

About Logic Pro 9.1.5 - Download Link

About Logic Pro 9.1.5

This update improves overall stability and addresses some minor issues including the following:

• All instrument and effect plug-ins that use LFO's synced to the beat now behave correctly.

• The Toggle Zoom key command now returns to previous zoom level as expected.

• Improved compatibility with Apogee's Duet 2.

This update is recommended for all users of Logic Pro 9.

Logic Pro 9.1.5: Release Notes

Edited by David Nahmani

David, your link gets me to the 9.1.4 release notes...?

I think it's the same URL as the old 9.1.4 page, but they've updated the page for 9.1.5. I suppose you're not looking at the live page but at something that's been cached by a server. You probably just have to wait for servers in your path to update their cache. Sucks, I know. Meanwhile you could try something like http://iphider.org/ ?

Or, if it's simply your browser cache, try holding Shift as you refresh your browser window.

Edited by David Nahmani

Here's the text if you just can't wait...

Last Modified: August 08, 2011

Article: TS2565

Symptoms

Logic Pro 9.1.5 is an update to Logic Pro 9, which is part of the paid upgrade to Logic Studio (2009).

Products Affected

Logic Pro 9.x, Logic Studio

Resolution

For more information about the application please visit www.apple.com/logicstudio/logicpro .

About the Logic Pro 9.1.5 Update

Compatibility

Resolves an issue which could cause unexpected feedback in Logic after importing a song from GarageBand for iPad.

Selecting the “Open Apogee Control Panel” command will now launch Apogee’s Maestro 2 application if a Duet 2 is attached.

Performance and Stability

Resolves an issue in which Logic might quit unexpectedly when creating a new project.

Resolves an issue in which Logic might quit unexpectedly when moving audio regions in the Arrange window.

Plug-Ins

Resolves an issue introduced in Logic 9.1.4 in which LFO sync for some Logic plug-ins did not sound as expected.

Resolves an issue introduced in Logic 9.1.4 in which automating the Wet/Dry mix control in Delay Designer resulted in zipper noise.

The EVB3 plug-in now correctly responds to sustain off messages.

Direct text input of the pitch reference for the Tuner plug-in now works correctly.

General

Fixes ain issue in which performing undo after recording a MIDI take sometimes caused the MIDI track to stop sounding.

The “Toggle Zoom to Fit Selection or All Contents” key command now correctly recalls the the previous zoom view rather than zooming in on the entire project.

Resolves an issue introduced in Logic 9.1.4 in which some regions might shift out of position after using the Pack Take Folder command.

Fixes an issue in which Japanese key command sets were not available if Logic was updated to version 9.1.4 before launching Logic for the first time.

Resolves a rare take folder issue in which performing undo after deleting a comp section could cause regions in subsequent tracks to shift to the next adjacent track.

Fixes an issue in which take folders would not sound on soloed tracks if the Track Mute/Solo mode was set to CPU-saving (Slow Response).

Edited by David Nahmani

David, your link gets me to the 9.1.4 release notes...?

Not for me. Clearly says 9.1.5 in multiple places with the new stuff at the top, and the 9.1.4 stuff lower down...Might be a caching issue. Hit refresh a few times.

Nope, no dice. Is the URL http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2565 ?

Must again be 'caching latency' on my providers' server. Can't open the new release note in Firefox, Safari or Chrome. O well, doesn't seem like a major update anyway. A small fix for Apple, not a giant leap for Logic.

update: I changed the url to https, and got the 9.1.5 version.

Edited by Eriksimon

I've never visited that page before clicking the link above, and the release notes are for 9.1.4, not 9.1.5.

Interesting, though, it explicitly says that Logic 9.1.4 is Lion Compatible. And I quote:

Logic 9.1.4 is compatible with Mac OS X Lion

I've never visited that page before clicking the link above, and the release notes are for 9.1.4, not 9.1.5.

It's a caching issue. Apple use the same page, but update the contents for a new minor update.

Your local ISP will cache the page (because other people on your ISP will likely have loaded it, even if you haven't), sometimes a bit too agressively, so even if the source has changed, your ISP is serving you the cached version, not the live version.

Try forcing the https connection, as this won't be cached, like was done above. If not, just wait a while until your ISP notices the cache needs updating...

It's a caching issue. Apple use the same page, but update the contents for a new minor update.

Your local ISP will cache the page (because other people on your ISP will likely have loaded it, even if you haven't), sometimes a bit too agressively, so even if the source has changed, your ISP is serving you the cached version, not the live version.

Try forcing the https connection, as this won't be cached, like was done above. If not, just wait a while until your ISP notices the cache needs updating...

Or:

Try changing your DNS server to opendns instead of your service provider.

Interesting, though, it explicitly says that Logic 9.1.4 is Lion Compatible. And I quote:

Logic 9.1.4 is compatible with Mac OS X Lion

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4807?viewlocale=en_US

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2565

https://support.apple.com/kb/TS2565

:shock:

Thanks for the advice everyone, but you (collectively) are barking up the wrong tree. Since when do ISP's cache web pages? If that were the case then, for example, I wouldn't be able to see the latest on the Comex by refreshing the page very regularly (as I do). And these days I'm sure I'm not the only one doing that! Have you seen gold prices lately? I do, every 30 seconds.

Sorry, that explanation doesn't compute (literally).

:shock:

Oh well.

:mrgreen:

EDIT: Erik, thanks for the links. Clicking the first one brought me to neverland. The second one, 9.1.4. The third one (the HTTPS version), 9.1.5. Go figure.

Thanks for the advice everyone, but you (collectively) are barking up the wrong tree. Since when do ISP's cache web pages? If that were the case then, for example, I wouldn't be able to see the latest on the Comex by refreshing the page very regularly (as I do). And these days I'm sure I'm not the only one doing that! Have you seen gold prices lately? I do, every 30 seconds.

Sorry, that explanation doesn't compute (literally).

ISPs use Caching proxy servers to avoid unnecessary requests. Sometimes that means you don't get to see the latest version of the page as it is distributed by the server hosting the website. It can take several hours for the page to refresh. That's why you and I don't see the same thing when accessing the same URL.

Edited by David Nahmani

The LFO sync bug was a biggie... and I'm also wondering (still d/l 9.1.5) if it fixes the delay time bug in sculpture, which seemed to introduce itself with 9.1.4. It seems as though there were a few timing freakys showing up in different places with the last version.

All that said, this appears to be a very minor update and I guess full development is being carried out on the next major update. Mmmm... we'll see!