turn itunes mpa4 into an mp3

dinofond

I don't know why I cant do this but the new version of itunes if messing up the program. I DL'd an album and ned to convert the file to an mp3 so a player can play it on a website. It won't be downloadable or anything of that nature. I cant get the freaking thing to convert or even if I rip it onto a PC. The PC cant see the songs and on the MAC I just cant get it to do a dam thing. This is for a client who is bytching up a storm, please help!

A few things I have found out to add to the pot:

1. Itunes 6.0 encryption algorithms are not cracked yet which is BS IMHO. However if you purchased it using 6.0 you are out of luck for the time being.

2. Itunes 1.x to 5.x would convert to MP3 and retain all the encryption that points to who owns the song and who purchased it. Itunes 6.0 will not.

3. I have to go out to a bit torrent and steal the very song I have purchased twice now online, this is really bothersome.

I don’t steal peoples intellectual property ever! That’s why I paid for the music, thats why I pay for all of my music. That being said I think it’s my right if I want to turn my music into MP3’s, I can play them on any of my 3 websites without comprising the copyright and I can fit 100 songs on a CD tp play in my car. Heck the song I wanted to convert is playing on my myspace.com/dinofond right now streaming from the Los Lonely boys my space. Sigh..... marketing weenies are bothersome to tech people like myself, they just don’t know enough about the technology to make a solid decision. However that doesn’t mean poop to my client.

err...... I think that was my first rant. my bad. I should have at least 100 posts before I do that =P

/rant off

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...