Multi VI Belly Aching-

PMcC

I'd like to state first that I love Logic 8 but,.

And, I've posted this sort of topic so many different ways. I really really loathe the way L8 deals with Multi VI's.

I realize there are a few different ways, I like to be able to use cc7 on my midi tracks individually so I wind up creating a transformer / channel splitter for my multis but,....

The organize process is so tedious, i.e, if you setup a few aux sends for effects

before you unfold all your multis aux channels, the multi channels become separated with the reverb/delay sends in between.

yet, I don't want to unfold 16 aux channels on a multi until I need them all.

This way doesn't work well at all. Unless you do, the mixer turns into a big mess.

If you want to separate the VI and aux channels to their separate layer in the environment, the multi aux channels always unfold on a separate layer than the VI is on, you have to find them, and copy them to the correct layer, etc,.

I've spent so much time trying to figure a way to organize the mixer.

Ok, I've rambled enough, but trying to get my point across.

Does anyone know of/ have any ways of organizing in L8 that they would share.

I've checked around for links of this nature but to no avail.

Thanks for listening

PM[/b]

lol,... yeah,... I just can't seem to organize the 3 multis I use.

Kontakt 3

RMX

Ethno,...

Can't help you with RMX or Ethno directly. But Kontakt3 . . .

I realize there are a few different ways, I like to be able to use cc7 on my midi tracks individually so I wind up creating a transformer / channel splitter for my multis

Here's a quick way to handle that. You don't need a channelsplitter. I make 2 simple transformers that convert cc7 and cc 10 to something else. I use 11 and 14.

Open the multi's MIDI Automation tab and drag cc11 to all the instruments individual volume controls. Then drag cc14 to all the pans. Save the multi. If you save all your multis like this and keep those 2 transformers in your environment, then you're all set. Pretty easy.

Not clear whether your aux question refers to Kontakt's internal aux sends or Logic's aux's.

VolPan_Xform.jpg.71cdc560c8a0a4bbdb1559ed8c0307c6.jpg

Are you trying to keep all your aux's on their own layer, but when you click the plus on the instrument channelstrip in the mixer pane, they show up in the mixer layer?

Yes,. exactly, but they don't always show up in the mixer layer, sometimes hey show up on another VI layer...a random layer but never the one I want.

P

• 5 months later...