Controlling AutoTune 5 via MIDI?

Spunkadellic

1. Create a new software instrument track

2. For the input source, choose Auto-Tune from "AU Midi Controlled Effects"

3. At the top right corner you should see the Side Chain Pull down menu. Choose your input source

4. To prevent the original audio from being heard, set the output of that audio track to "No Output"

5. To enable midi control, select "Target Notes via MIDI" in the Auto Tune window

The software instrument track acts as the midi input to Auto Tune.

Let me know if you need more help!

-Aaron

*Note: The side chain option for Auto Tune only appears when it is chosen from "AU Midi Controlled Effects"

hey thanks so much ....i think i got it...just have a couple questions

so the vocal track is now the soft inst track!!! - that seems weird

and there is no auto tune on the audio vox track - and i mute the audio track....is that right

everything works...it just seems weird having a soft inst track as the lead vocal track!

so the vocal track is now the soft inst track!!! - that seems weird

and there is no auto tune on the audio vox track - and i mute the audio track....is that right

everything works...it just seems weird having a soft inst track as the lead vocal track!

You shouldn't mute the audio track, just set its output to "no output".

Oh I see what you mean regarding the vocal track "being" the soft inst track. If you mean that's where the sound of the vocals is now coming from, then yes, you are correct, that's the way it works.

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys

I feel I am really missing something simple here?

1. Create a new software instrument track

2. For the input source, choose Auto-Tune from "AU Midi Controlled Effects"

So where is 'Auto-Tune' AU Midi Controlled Effects?

My LOGIC 8 only presents AU Generators and AU Instruments in Instrument Channel strip I/O. I cant find anything in any menu!!

Cant find any reference in the manual either to Auto-Tune or AU MIDI Controlled effects?

What the...?

See pic

206011901_AUMIDI.gif.4a24c6511cfc6d4c013efdcf96e59563.gif

• 1 year later...
I know this is an old topic but I didn't feel it was appropriate to start a new thread, so hopefully someone will read this. I followed the directions properly I believe. I have a recorded midi with a melody on it as a software instrument track on channel 1. I set Auto-tune under the IO, selected my vocal track on the side-chain and pressed target notes via midi, and selected no output on the vocal track. When I play it back, all I hear is the midi, not my voice. What am I doing wrong?

I started a new project to start fresh. Now all I hear is my voice, but the pitch is not shifting to what is recorded on the midi. I have selected the button "target notes from midi." Although other options on the autotune work, such as pitch transposition through the instrument track. What gives?

• 4 weeks later...

I've been working on this waaaay too long tonight with the same problem but finally stumbled on the solution:

The MIDI channel on the track (in the inspector parameter box to the left) must be channel 1!!!

I've had this same problem with other midi-related functions and I'm feeling stupid that it took me this long to figure it out. Hope this solves it for you, too.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
I've been working on this waaaay too long tonight with the same problem but finally stumbled on the solution:

The MIDI channel on the track (in the inspector parameter box to the left) must be channel 1!!!

I've had this same problem with other midi-related functions and I'm feeling stupid that it took me this long to figure it out. Hope this solves it for you, too.

WOW! Thank you sooo much! Now i can rest in peace :3

fkng channel 1 it took several years to find it >_<