Ultimate Sound Bank UVI Soundcard Xtreme FX installation?

I'm trying to install "Ultimate Sound Bank UVI Soundcard Xtreme FX ". When I click on the dvd icon is says "Choose Application". However, there is very little to choose from that will highlight the "open" for the dvd. The "open" does highlight when I click on East West Orch Icon or Native Instr Icon. But I'm sure it wouldn't be good to install it there.

I'm baffled???

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks, John :?

Oh, this is what the "Ultimate Soundbank" told me.

How to install an UFS - Mac:

{Your startup disk}/ Library/Application/UVISoundBanks (I had to create a "UVI SoundBanks" folder.

I followed these instructions and copied the 2 dvd's to this folder - but they don't show up in Logic Pro. Hmm...

You'll need to download the player for the UFS from UVI Workstation and install that, then load the workstation as a VI in logic and within the workstation interface, you'll be able to select patches from the UFS.

cheers,

dorian

Thanks Dorian! I'll give that a try later. I don't know why the company didn't tell me that. I told them I had Mac and Logic Pro.

Best, John 8)

You'll need to download the player for the UFS from UVI Workstation and install that, then load the workstation as a VI in logic and within the workstation interface, you'll be able to select patches from the UFS.

cheers,

dorian

Just getting around to this. I've downloaded and installed the "UVI Workstation".

After that I install the samples in Logic's VI (virtual instruments?). That would be the same as Logic Pro's "Sampler Instruments?

Then They should show up in the Logic Pro library? When I choose one of these new samples does the "UVI Workstation" open?

Thanks for all your help!

Best, John :)

The UFS file (which is the sounds/presets) should live in

{Your HD}/Library/Application Support/UVISoundbanks

The .component file (which should get installed in the right place automatically when you run the installer) will be in {Your HD}/Library/Audio/Plugins/Components

In Logic, you'll find the VI under AU Instruments->UVI->UVIWorkstation

The presets/sounds WILL NOT show up in Logic's preset browser unless you create and save custom presets. It's all internal to the UVIWorkstation browser. Take a look at the manual that comes with the download to get a feel for how the browser works. It's pretty simple, but you may want to have the manual handy just in case.

cheers,

dorian

I followed the instructions, but still don't see an "install".

I double click the dvd icon, then go through all the stages. When I get to the destination there's nothing I can see that says "install".

The UVI Workstation Player shows up now in th AU Instruments in Logic, put the player reads empty.

Hmm... Probably some blockage between my ears.

John 8)

I think this may be what you need. From the UVI site FAQ:

How to install a soundpack >> Mac:

Copy the UFS file in this location :

[your startup disk]/Library/Application Support/UVISoundBanks

You can also drop an alias of this file in this location, provided they have the same name

(not My soundpack.ufs alias for instance)

I think this may be what you need. From the UVI site FAQ:

How to install a soundpack >> Mac:

Copy the UFS file in this location :

[your startup disk]/Library/Application Support/UVISoundBanks

You can also drop an alias of this file in this location, provided they have the same name

(not My soundpack.ufs alias for instance)

Thanks Fader. That's also what Dorian told me. The UVI Soundbanks still say empty. I'll try it again. So I imagine the install really isn't an install, it's just a copy. Hmm...

Man, these samples aren't as easy loading as the East West Orch samples were.

Okay, here's where I'm at:

I followed the instructions to the letter. When I go to use the Xtreme samples in Logic Pro, at the top of the UVI player it says "Unable to mount the volume from "Library/Application Support/UVI SoundBanks/X-Treme fx.ufs" .

The tutorial Set (UVI Presets) works fine.

As always, your help will be much appreciated.

Best, John 8)

The install is for the application + plugin (UVIWorkstation). There should be a standard installer with that download. The UFS is a copy type "install."

So two steps. 1) Install application + plugin 2) Copy UFS to correct location.

cheers,

dorian

The install is for the application + plugin (UVIWorkstation). There should be a standard installer with that download. The UFS is a copy type "install."

So two steps. 1) Install application + plugin 2) Copy UFS to correct location.

cheers,

dorian

Thanks again Dorian!

Man, these samples aren't as easy loading as the East West Orch samples were.

Okay, here's where I'm at:

I followed the instructions to the letter. When I go to use the Xtreme samples in Logic Pro, at the top of the UVI player it says "Unable to mount the volume from "Library/Application Support/UVI SoundBanks/X-Treme fx.ufs" .

The tutorial Set (UVI Presets) works fine.

As always, your help will be much appreciated.

Best, John 8)

If you're still having this issue, it may be a permissions issue. Here's how to fix if that's the case.

1) Select the .ufs file. Do a get info (command-I)

2) Under The Sharing and Permissions section, you should be listed as having read and write privileges

3) If you don't, click the little lock icon on the bottom of the window and type in your username and password.

4) You should now be able to change your Privileges to Read & Write.

5) Close the Info window and try to load the sounds.

6) Otherwise, try recopying the ufs file - you may have lucked out and gotten a corrupt copy on your HD somehow.

cheers,

dorian