Quick Key For Scissors, Pencil, etc..

parham

When you click escape and the drop down tool list appears, if you hold down command and click on a tool it allows you to switch between that tool whenever you hold command. Does anyone know if there is another key other than command that can be used for another tool? Anyone know if this is possible? Thank you.

If you have a mouse with the right click button then you can go into preferences>global>editing and assign the right click to a tool. You'll see a third tool drop down menu in the arrange when you do. Assign accordingly. Graphic bug in 8.0.2 - the pointer tool does not change to the right click tool assignment, but the function is correct.

You may have had the right click bring up your shortcut menus. Now you will need to control click for that. This is how I work and it's fine. I really prefer the third tool assignment.

I went thru the steps and I see the 3rd drop down menu appear in the arrange window, but I'm not sure how to assign the actual key command to the right click. Also, I'm using a mighty mouse and trying to use Ctrl+click as right click, not sure if this is possible... Might have to buy a new mouse.

I'm assuming the might mouse has a right click, but I rarely use one so don't know the product. Try clicking on the right side of it......

If you're not using a mouse with a right click (and a scroll wheel), you're missing out on a lot of editing power, IMHO.

If you have a right click mouse, either hit the escape key and right click on tool of choice or left click on the right click menu and select tool of choice.

Lastly, you can assign a dedicated key command in the key command window. Type in scissors and it will show up.

The Mighty mouse has a right click button!

Also has button on the scroll wheel and a button on the sides. You can set these buttons up in System Preferences.

There is also no need to use the floating tool menu to assign yout tool to the right click on your mouse. If you wish you can set it using the relevant tool menu n the top right of the Arrange area.

Hey Doug... for some reason I can't assign the right mouse button..

I selected "Right Mouse Button- Is assignable to a Tool" in Global preferences. Then in the arrange window I press escape and click on the "scissor tool" with the right mouse button. Am I missing a step?

Thanks for your help.

This should work.

Remember, the left click tool (probably your pointer) doesn't do a graphic correction to show the right click tool (this is a bug). What to look for is if the tool shown in the tool menu area updates. It will the far right of the three. It should update to reflect your selection. Test this by going through the tool selection process a couple of time choosing different tools.

Set up the right click tool with scissors and right click on a region. Even though the tool graphic doesn't update, you should be able to cut the region.

When you click escape and the drop down tool list appears, if you hold down command and click on a tool it allows you to switch between that tool whenever you hold command. Does anyone know if there is another key other than command that can be used for another tool? Anyone know if this is possible? Thank you.

I'm not sure what version of Logic you are using, but on mine after I click "command" the list pops up with a number assigned to it. So if I want the scissors I hit "esc" then "5," eraser "esc" then "6" and so forth. I think you can also hold down "esc" while pressing a number too to yield the same result. This seems like the quickest short-cut method to me.