playing 2 sounds at the same time

kearbubgyser

Hello, ive just come from reading a post about playing 2 software instruments at the same time on logic with one midi controller, you just have to hold shift down and click the rec buttons of the channels you want to play simultaneously. On mainstage theres no rec buttons, so its possible to do it anyway?

You are right, first read, second answer :lol: ..i just read through it quickly time ago, and i had problems to understand the word pach, but now when adding a 2nd channel, i saw it...the problem i see now its the volumes, they are not independent, arent they? thanks!

They are independent. Why do you think they are not?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't control volume from the foot pedal any more. I set the foot pedal to control "expression" and set the volume separately. That way, I can control the relative volume of two patches independently, and rely that they'll still be correct the next time I run MS.

BTW, if you use a Korg microKontrol, you have massive control over a whole bunch of additional screen controls, live. $60. Do it! Use velcro to keep the microKontrol in place on your keyboard.