insert chords from the Chord track

edurbrow

In the manual it states:

To insert chords from the Chord track into the Score Editor

Select the staff that you want to use for the chord symbols in the Score Editor, then choose Functions > Insert Chords From Global Chord Track.

This is not working for me. I can't figure out why. I've checked and unchecked display only, tried in the score window and notation view in arrange window, page view, linier view ... Nothing happens when I choose Functions > Insert Chords From Global Chord Track.

1408712851_Picture6.png.d689e712223a37f77043b6184239a325.png

The staff is not selected in your pic. Click it to select, the staff lines will become green.

J.

Clicking it seems to have no effect. Once, I got the first bar to turn green and another time I must have clicked on the key signature because a dialog window came up, but I've tried clicking and double clicking all over the staff and it won't turn green. The staff is selected in the arrange window. I tried de-selecting it and clicking in the score window again but I still cannot get it. What am I missing here?

TIA

Okay, I managed to get every bar in the track green. I had to shift click in different places and each region became selected. I don't know why this didn't work before. However, still nothing happens when I select insert chords from global chord track from the function menu.

Not sure, not in front of Logic right now...wild guess: maybe you need to do it one region at a time, i.e, select a region in the arrange and then click to select the staff in the score editor.

J.

I made a whole new track and played everything again. I'm not sure but maybe you have to merge everything into one track. That's what I did and I got them. They are so high on the non-page view view (I don't know what you call that, scroll view?) that they are cut in half. But they are there.

Thanks,

They are so high on the non-page view view (I don't know what you call that, scroll view?) that they are cut in half. But they are there.

You can fix that by going to the Layout menu and selecting Staff Styles...

Adjust the Space parameter to taste.

It's in the manual, in the Changing Staff Style Parameters section of the Working with Notation chapter.

J.

You can fix that by going to the Layout menu and selecting Staff Styles...

Adjust the Space parameter to taste.

Thanks.

It seems you have to insert chords from the Chord track one region at a time. Today I was able to go back and do the original track by clicking on each region and insert chords for each region.