Midi Slide on Piano Roll

edancer

To get the exact effect, you'll need Pitch Bend. There's no feature in Logic like the one shown in the video.

AFTER he demonstrates the FL slide-trick, he describes the Pitch Bend method, he even recommends using PB or Portamento for other DAWs and/or plugins.

I'ld use Pitch Bend, it gives the most control in amount and duration. You have to set whatever instrument you're using to the correct PB bend value though, most default to -2 / +2. Needless to say (so why am I saying it?) that you need to set the to-the-left/down PB range to -12 to be able to slide down an octave.

Although you can get this sound with Logic, it doesn't work this way using the Piano Roll since what you see in the video is not MIDI compliant, and Logic's Piano Roll contains just visualized MIDI data. As suggested before, you could use Pitch Bend or Portamento, but you have to define the parameters on your synthesizer first (i.e. set the Pitch Bend range or Portamento time). Pich Bend is fine for glides over, say, one octave or what the synthesizer permits, you can draw the glide curve with Hyperdraw. Portamento is good for bigger ranges but has a predefined speed or time. Some synthesizers allow changes of this rate by controller.

Summary: You can get the sound, but you have to do a little more work.

To get the exact effect, you'll need Pitch Bend. There's no feature in Logic like the one shown in the video.

AFTER he demonstrates the FL slide-trick, he describes the Pitch Bend method, he even recommends using PB or Portamento for other DAWs and/or plugins.

I'ld use Pitch Bend, it gives the most control in amount and duration. You have to set whatever instrument you're using to the correct PB bend value though, most default to -2 / +2. Needless to say (so why am I saying it?) that you need to set the to-the-left/down PB range to -12 to be able to slide down an octave.

Hi Erik, thanks a lot...

I'm trying to do this effect with PB, but it's not working well for what i need.

I'm producing ''Dirty Dutch House'' and this ''slide'' efect is the main ID of this style.

The pitch bend everytime change a lot the sound and don't make that ''glide'' efect. But thanks for sharing your knowledge. i will try use the correct mathematics with PB. Or probably i will record my sinths on a windows with FL.

Although you can get this sound with Logic, it doesn't work this way using the Piano Roll since what you see in the video is not MIDI compliant, and Logic's Piano Roll contains just visualized MIDI data. As suggested before, you could use Pitch Bend or Portamento, but you have to define the parameters on your synthesizer first (i.e. set the Pitch Bend range or Portamento time). Pich Bend is fine for glides over, say, one octave or what the synthesizer permits, you can draw the glide curve with Hyperdraw. Portamento is good for bigger ranges but has a predefined speed or time. Some synthesizers allow changes of this rate by controller.

Summary: You can get the sound, but you have to do a little more work.

Thanks Jope, but where is the ''hyperdraw''?