Recording with Blue Yeti Microphone (newbie question)

Hi, I just got a blue yeti microphone for xmas, was excited about the prospect of being able to plug and play...only its not turning out to be that easy for me. I'm using the latest logic 9, and have an mbox mini but since the mic is plugged in directly to the USB I'm thinking that will have no effect on the input.

I guess it is worth mentioning that the mbox has been acting up in a few ways, including bright white noise when the mix knob is turned to the left in certain instances.

My questions: How do I know what input to select for the blue yeti? The microphone was recognized when I plugged in and I went in to audio properties and selected it as the input (leaving the digidesign as the ouput).. I selected input monitoring and then clicked record...the blue thing showed up but no playback... Any ideas what simple thing I'm missing? It would make sense to me that input 1 is the input from the mbox which would be recording nothing, but I'm confused as to why it isn't.

Sorry I should be more specific about some things.. When I plug headphones into the yeti i can hear myself speak...The input in utilities>sound is set to yeti with the output being set to digidesign mbox mini, in logic the input AND output are set to yeti mic in audio preferences, but I think thats all the additional info I can give right now