Apple Discussions Meltdown?

Well... are they going to be back "soon" or "shortly"? Geez, you'd think with all of their resources that they'd be able to be a little more definite about it. Maybe someone missed a meeting?

:lol:

Yeah, you may elloëlle all you like, but don't underestimate them! They did that on purpose, so as to deviate genius minds like yours from what is really going on by focusing on a small matter of sloppy editing , not noticing the subliminal post-it endorsement... parasites I tell you!

disclaimer smily here:

:mrgreen:

Well... are they going to be back "soon" or "shortly"? Geez, you'd think with all of their resources that they'd be able to be a little more definite about it. Maybe someone missed a meeting?

:lol:

The Logic Forum should at least have said "Be Back at 109 1 1 1" or something like that.....

I asked for it, so I got it. To me it represents three years of answering, learning, and discovering the fullfilling side of helping people, in good spirits (mostly...)

and now I'm erased like a Northkorean dissident. I never existed. I'm glad it's only virtual, it feels absolutely creepy... not infernal, but definitely Anxiety...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5226/5631850073_e1ebc068f3.jpg

I asked for it, so I got it…

This sounds like you know why you might have been banned, have you been banned or have you just entered your details too many times & the system can't cope.

The end of that slogan should have been "...so we don't have to."

I can think of a few other manufacturer ran forums that have a similar policy :cry:

I asked for it, so I got it…

This sounds like you know why you might have been banned, have you been banned

I was listed second top user, I not listed anymore. I have had no communication apart from two standard "message removed" notices.

I had protested the removal of a thread, started by very esteemed and helpful musician and veteran Logic user Pancenter. There were people complaining, but also people exploring and explaining the new features. Strictly speaking, that is against the guidelines. But to me it is very common sense that you let people get used to it in the social manner that is, well, very people-ish, you see? So I protested it firmly (no abuse though. But maybe I was too assertive. I tried to blackmail them with leaving. When they just responded by deleting and a standard mail, I got a case of net-rage, and called for the top members to boycott the site (that would include Ski) The only thing I really regret doing is encouraging people to join LPH and leave Apple. My apologies to the team here for that.

I'm still pretty gutted. Thought I had this thing (limitlessness in communication) under control. Once I suffered a writers block, now I'm turning hypergraphic! Where's dr. Phil when you need him?

But I really should go to the woods - on acid.

disclaimer: I haven't reread the above once, so no clue if it makes sense - I have to go now.

Thanks.

The end of that slogan should have been "...so we don't have to."

(Sorry, but I woke up on the cynical side of the bed this morning.)

Had you posted your sarcastic message on Apple Discussions you would have been erased... any mention of your existence deleted.... It's the last Coda for you buddy!

Apples forum/format upgrade is a bust

I've had an account here for a couple of years but don't think I've ever posted.

Clancy-

(also known as pancenter- PC in Erik speak)

OMG! OMG! Not the... the... THE LAST CODA!?!?!?

What would I do? I mean... once the gig's over, all that's left to do is... is...

OMG, I don't even want to think about it. Not... again...

Well, PanClancyCenter, it's great to have you aboard here at LPH! My heartiest welcome to another expat from Apple/Logicville.

=Ski=

(the sarcastic bastard f/k/a iSchwartz)

Oh, and...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5226/5631850073_e1ebc068f3.jpg

I have to wonder why the "ell" I'm still listed up there. Must have had too much time on my hands at one point in my life... (j/k -- it was good until it wasn't).

OMG! OMG! Not the... the... THE LAST CODA!?!?!?

What would I do? I mean... once the gig's over, all that's left to do is... is...

OMG, I don't even want to think about it. Not... again...

Yeah, I can't do that stuff anymore either! :wink:

Thanks for the welcome.

I still go by the Apple discussions forum, it's like driving by a bad accident. I just posted a little rant about entitled users and lack of respect for the software.

I guess it's something that hits you at a certain age... heh.. hey, time to act like a curmudgeon!

pancenter-

That really, really, REALLY..... Hertz!

"I have done research" and "can I change the Hertz?" OMG, I'm dyin' over here!

But here's the best part... Safari got hung up as I was reading that post, presumably (I presume) because the Apple server was busy spitting out thousands, if not millions of similar posts into my browser window.

272738307_Picture14.jpg.aa3f8802d0fd58c0544a3dc7023c3f59.jpg

Good to see you Clancy!

Hi Erik, thanks...

Now here's something interesting, regarding 440hz.

:?

https://discussions.apple.com/message/15031476#15031476

Are you going tell him to play in C and tune it ±12 cents up? :lol:

Hm, I guess such a reply would fit Nick (Noeq) or Christian more than you...

"Not natural to the human body" - right. The human body. And why do these claims always come without references/links...? Or: who's that "I" that did the research, and how did he come to this conclusion?

Anyway, I attached* a 527,9 Hz tone that will totally balance you and make you instantly happier, fitter healthier etc etc. Soon on the shopping channel: the amazing matural bodybalanced Yamaha Keyboard with an A that is more than a minor third higher then what all other people use... I don't think I'm going to invest in this product... ;)

* make that "I tried to attach", but I forgot you can only attach images, not sound files. )

Wow did they ever get it wrong... Especially because iSchwartz is STILL listed as a top participant.

That's 'cause your contributions outlive your participation. A mark of true forum greatness... ;)

I've appealed on Erik's behalf regarding the ban - probably nothing will come of it but all I can do is try.

Everybody Hertz... sometimes.

Erik, big thanks for all your help on the Apple forum from me and the countless people you helped. It's certainly not been a waste of your time and hopefully you can move on here or wherever.

Apple has a funny way of doing things sometimes and the mod process only reflects this.

I think they might get their own comeuppance now (or at least a scare) with controversy over this iphone tracker. As much as I love Apple products, I think they need reminding that they're not invincible and they can't get away with anything.

Anyway, off topic but big up ErikSimon!

Just saw this... I'm really touched... thanks guys!

In still find it very odd that I did not get any message from Apple "officially" stating that I'm banned. I think I crossed the line when blackmailing to leave, followed by my appeal to other regular helpers to "exode" too...

I just have this thing (authoretay) where I cross (mental) lines sometimes... Still, they could have imposed a temporary ban. Or issued some warning.

And pertaining to the stars: you know where to find me.

Time to catch up on some sleep now.

Thanks again guys, for the kind words, it means a lot.

Eriksimon the floating Dutchman.

Doctor Hibbert to Homer: "You can start by living each day as if it is your last."

Homer, a few moments later, sits on the curb and sobs: "I'm too young to die!"

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5303/5642187176_b4e022f050_m.jpg

Eriksimon in exile: "s#!+ happens."

Erik - I've got an Apple mod looking into it.

They say Erik isn't banned or anything like that, his profile and posts are still there - they think it's just general goofiness with the forum, and other people are being affected also in similar ways, including loss of status with top posters.

They think it will get straightened out, so hang in there geezer - you ain't gone yet! :)

This would also explain why you never had a message telling you you're out - because it doesn't look like that's the case.

I will let you know if they say anything else...