Select track by selecting region? Auto-zoom/track selection

pchadwic

In the APTS Advanced Logic Pro 7, it refers to seleting a region which would automatically select that region's track. With auto-zoom enabled the track would expand vertically. However (for example) when I have Track 4 selected in the Arrange Window and select a region in Track 3, that region is selected but Track 4 remains highlighted and zoomed...Track 3 does not become active in the Track list. I'm wondering if I have changed a default behavior somehow, of if this is normal. I can have regions selected in one track while another track is highlighted and auto-zoomed in the track list. Thank you for any insights.

I was wondering this same thing today. I want to select a region and have the content-linked Matrix window show the notes. I also want to immediately play my MIDI keyboard and hear the instrument on that track, but as you noticed, the old track is still selected. It would be cool if you could set it so the track gets selected when you select the region.

I'm looking on page 219 of Advanced Logic Pro 7: chap 6 (working with the arrangement.) Item 12 says "select the Guitar Solo Region on Track 2. NOTE: The track should zoom vertically due to Auto Track Zoom function"

To me this implies that selecting a region automatcially selects the track as well (and zooms if auto zoom is on.)

Thanks for the quick replies.

I'm looking on page 219 of Advanced Logic Pro 7: chap 6 (working with the arrangement.) Item 12 says "select the Guitar Solo Region on Track 2. NOTE: The track should zoom vertically due to Auto Track Zoom function"

To me this implies that selecting a region automatcially selects the track as well (and zooms if auto zoom is on.)

Thanks for the quick replies.

It does indeed imply that, but it is wrong. Bad writing in a book that is overall well written.