Finding the Komplete 8 plug-ins in Logic 9?

Roger Innocenti

I'm using Logic Pro 9 with Komplete 8, that I just bought, but I've got not Idea how and where you have to go to get all the plungins once you start Open Logic.

I know that you have all the plugings close to EQ and other effects, but nothing is there except Guitar Rig 5. I think that I made some mistake during installation. Sorry! Is my first Mac and for me is all new, so still working out how all this Machine works.

You should find the plug-ins under Audio Units > Native Instruments > ...

If they don't appear there, you could try Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio Unit Manager and see if the plug-ins are listed and enabled?

Really don't know what's going on!! Nothing happen! Plus I have got audio units in 32 bit when my computer runs on 64. I've got 12 giga ram inside I mac. I fixed changing the 32 to 64 for Logic and Main stage..., but for audio units and my focusrite interface audio with Eq compressor and rest as plugins. I've got no clue how to change in 64.

Any help...

As I said is my first time with this Logic...Def will follow some course:))

If I understand you correctly...

The Komplete plugins show up when you run Logic in 32bit mode, Yes?

The Komplete plugins do NOT show up when you run Logic in 64bit mode. Yes?

When you looked in the Audio Unit Preset Manager they show up. Yes?

Right! I try to make this clear,

When I open an audio track, and want to insert some plugins that's my situation:

audio units

All audio units Apple on 64 bit and Native Instruments with just

1) absyth

2)Fm8 fx

3) Guitar rig fx

4) Guitar rig mfx what's the difference

5) Reaktor

Missing

Kontakt 5 and rest

audio units 32-bit

Same thing all in 32 bit plus Focusrite my interface audio that has like plugins on 32 bit compressor, Eq, Gate, Reverb

Now! How can make Kontakt 5 appear on these audio units?? Plus how can I change this Focusrite on 64 bit?

Lets Make It Simple!

That's my first Mac...:)

So...

On Windows when you install a music software you can decide how to put a plugins inside a vst folder wherever you want and than using preference inside Ableton Live, is quit easy to decide where to get all these plugins. How things work with Mac when you setting up Logic Pro after installed something like Native Instruments of Ez Drummer from Toontrack???

Sounds a Bit Tricky to me...

On a Mac you simply install the software, be it instrument or fx plugins. They go to the correct place automatically without you needing to choose where. You don't have to say "Go into the VST folder on my main drive" like you do in Windows. Just let the Mac decide the default location for you (Usually your Main HD where you installed the OS) and all will be ok.

So the next thing is...

I think the following would be useful for you to read and understand...

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/#chapter=10%26section=2

Study both of the following;

1) To insert FX Plugins

and...

2) To insert software instrument, Audio Units Generator, or MIDI-controlled effects

After you have read and understood both of those sections of the help manual.. then you should ask questions because at the moment, what you are saying, isn't making much sense to me at least...(..and I do understand that part of it may well be caused by the fact that English doesn't appear to be your first language so you might want to look at the specific language version of the help manual you need to fully understand everything without needing to translate)

On a Mac you simply install the software, be it instrument or fx plugins. They go to the correct place automatically without you needing to choose where. You don't have to say "Go into the VST folder on my main drive" like you do in Windows. Just let the Mac decide the default location for you (Usually your Main HD where you installed the OS) and all will be ok.

So the next thing is...

1) To insert FX Plugins

and...

2) To insert software instrument, Audio Units Generator, or MIDI-controlled effects

After you have read and understood both of those sections of the help manual.. then you should ask questions because at the moment, what you are saying, isn't making much sense to me at least...(..and I do understand that part of it may well be caused by the fact that English doesn't appear to be your first language so you might want to look at the specific language version of the help manual you need to fully understand everything without needing to translate)

Ahhh! Fair Enough....!!!

I don't think Music has any particular language,

But thanks anyway for your help and I understand what you are trying to say.

This is an example about what I did using windows and Ableton Live 8.

Is one of my work that I prefer more.

"Blind" I'm behind all the production, guitars, voices and rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9REGPb-fgc

All this to say! Once I learned how to use Logic Pro..., maybe quality and rest will effect my Music, because I know this it was't the best about quality and not only.

Reason why I'm using Mac now:)

And That's why I'm looking for help xx

I mean If I learned how to use Ableton Live by myself, why it shouldn't be the same for Logic?? xxx

Thanks Mate

So the next thing is...

1) To insert FX Plugins

and...

Ahhh! Fair Enough....!!!

I don't think Music has any particular language,

But thanks anyway for your help and I understand what you are trying to say.

This is an example about what I did using windows and Ableton Live 8.

Is one of my work that I prefer more.

"Blind" I'm behind all the production, guitars, voices and rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9REGPb-fgc

All this to say! Once I learned how to use Logic Pro..., maybe quality and rest will effect my Music, because I know this it was't the best about quality and not only.

Reason why I'm using Mac now:)

And That's why I'm looking for help xx

I mean If I learned how to use Ableton Live by myself, why it shouldn't be the same for Logic?? xxx

Thanks Mate

Still don't know how to make Kontakt 5 others plugins from Komplete 8 working with Logic Pro. Anyway! Tomorrow will start my Logic Pro 9 course here in London.

Let's see If I can understand what's going on here:))

Thanks to everyone by the way and here another of my track which is a cover By Starsailor called Alcoholic.

I'm behind all guitars and rest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgD90iAlL5g

Bye

Kontakt's an instrument. You can't expect to load it as an insert effect (other NI plug's can be used as effects, but not Kontakt).

You need to load it from the input slot of a software instrument channel strip (the instrument slot in the pic).

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/Art/S03/S0336_ChaStripsCallouts.png

J.