Apple releases Logic 9.1.5

Dave, If i want to install the new version i get this message:

An eligible Logic Pro version was not found in the Applications folder. This update requires Logic Pro version 9.0 or higher.

I do own a legal version; 9.0.2 (1664.16)

Did you move it or rename it? Make sure it's simply called "Logic Pro"? Make sure it's still in your Applications folder?

Didn't do anything, it is in my app.folder and does work good.

Yes, you did something :-)

The software updater _requires_ that the application is named "Logic Pro" and located inside the Application folder. No subfolder, no version number appended to the filename, no space appended to it, etc.

As far as I have seen the program at launch it always had a version attached to it, so it wasn't strange for me, now after the update it doesn't have a versionnumber indeed.

The main current version is *always* called "Logic Pro" unless you do something to it.

In the past, and for major version changes, the updater renames the existing "Logic Pro" application to eg "Logic Pro 9.0" or whatever, before installing the latest version as "Logic Pro". More recent minor version updates (eg 9.1.3 to 9.1.4) no longer bother to keep the previous versions as the changes are so minor and so many people seem to get confused by this behaviour as it is.

So in your scenario, you either renamed the application somewhere, or deleted the most recent "Logic Pro", and instead used the backed up application created by the installer which had the version number appended.

Anyway, now you know... ;)

thought this update was joke.

Fixed things that were so minor and easy to get around while leaving out bugs that are rather critical and quite frankly embarrassing. The core sharing bug is simply inexcusable considering the computers they sell to run these programs.

I've just updated to 9.1.5, running Lion. The update installed fine but now when I try to open Logic, I get this yellow exclamation mark error box:

"Logic Pro cannot be opened because of a problem.

Check with the developer to make sure Logic Pro works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X.

Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple."

Any ideas?

EDIT: After much searching I've located the problem and a solution; it's not an update issue after all. Thanks!

Just sent the following bug report to Apple:

If I changed the routing of a channel then, on many instances of Compressor, the sidechain input is disabled.

This may happen on the channel on which the routing is changed, as well as several other channels.

I've contacted them about this several times since upgrading to 9, and there's been no resolve.

I've just updated to 10.6.8 and I'm running on a 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MBP.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Of course, I see that David "himself" 8) is still running 9.1.4 on Leopard – 10.5.8.

I'm still on 9.1.1 and 10.5.8, since it has been rock solid for me. I'm not planning on updating the OS any time soon. But should I update Logic? Anyone running 9.1.5 smoothly on 10.5.8?

Working fine here in a similar comp and same OS....except for this bug which was introduced in 9.1.4. It's not a big deal (for me) and can be worked around.

EXS24 no longer playing 1 shot samples while in Mono mode?

Also check the release notes to see if there's anything that's been fixed in recent updates that may be of interest to you:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2565

J.

EDIT: After much searching I've located the problem and a solution; it's not an update issue after all. Thanks!

...and the problem and it's solution was? (Just in case anyone else has a similar issue....)

Somehow I was missing XSKey.framework from the ~/Library/Frameworks folder, and this is the solution I found: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2092846?start=0&tstart=0.

• 1 month later...
Just sent the following bug report to Apple:

If I changed the routing of a channel then, on many instances of Compressor, the sidechain input is disabled.

This may happen on the channel on which the routing is changed, as well as several other channels.

I've contacted them about this several times since upgrading to 9, and there's been no resolve.

I've just updated to 10.6.8 and I'm running on a 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MBP.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

YES

Whenever I duplicate a track with a Compressor on it, the new track's Compressor doesn't have the same sidechain settings as the first one.

I assume it's the same thing?

• 2 weeks later...