Any way to make Logic stop doing the AU validation? [SOLVED]

Arp Jackson

Do you mean 1) when the splash screen on Logic launch is showing and telling you that it's scanning audio units?

Or do you mean 2) that the auvaltool is validating them every time?

1) Always happens, it's part of Logics' launch sequence, can't be stopped or skipped afaik..

You could shorten it by removing every unused Audio Unit from the Library/Audio/Plug Ins/Components and/or the Users/"you"/Library/Audio/Plug Ins/Components folder.

2) Should only happen when new AU's are installed. If this is your problem, quit Logic, trash the audiounits cache, set Logic to 32 bit mode, launch, let the auvaltool validate all plugins, quit Logic (and set it to 64 bit mode if that is how you use it), relaunch it and see if the problem is now gone.

Thanks Eriksimon.

My problem is number 2.

When you said cache it hit me and I made a short test.

Obviously the problem comes from the "CleanMyMac" tool that cleans/delete the audiounit cache, everytime I run the clean-up.

The question is now: Shall I disable the caches checkbox in the CleanMyMac tool, so that it doesn't clean the caches OR is there another smarter way to handle this?

Thanks

Thanks Eriksimon.

My problem is number 2.

When you said cache it hit me and I made a short test.

Obviously the problem comes from the "CleanMyMac" tool that cleans/delete the audiounit cache, everytime I run the clean-up.

The question is now: Shall I disable the caches checkbox in the CleanMyMac tool, so that it doesn't clean the caches OR is there another smarter way to handle this?

Thanks

Yes, disable it. You could also try Onyx instead, it's free and configurable (you can choose which caches to clean)

Yes.. CleanMyMac can easily create more problems than it solves I have found.

Onyx is a much better method of cleaning caches and deciding which to clean and which to not.. though personally, I don't clean any caches but let OS X handle that stuff by itself... and i have never had any issues in doing so.