Logic Pro 9.1.6 released

Excuse my ignorance but what is "multiple cores" in audio bouncing?

And what is FCPX?

Up until today. logic only used a single core when doing an offline bounce resulting in an offline (or non-realtime) bounce often taking longer than if it were bounced in realtime. Depending on the complexity of the project and how many cpu processor cores you have available in your system.

FCPX is Final Cut Pro X (or ten)

Excuse my ignorance but what is "multiple cores" in audio bouncing?

And what is FCPX?

Up until today. logic only used a single core when doing an offline bounce resulting in an offline (or non-realtime) bounce often taking longer than if it were bounced in realtime. Depending on the complexity of the project and how many cpu processor cores you have available in your system.

FCPX is Final Cut Pro X (or ten)

This multicore improvement now smokes.

Ive just tested a 50+ track project and it bounces significantly faster. Nice improvement.

J

why is he no longer moderating? Too much to do?

Pretty much, unfortunately for us. I haven't made any official announcement (yet?).

It's fortunate for us.

He can make more trouble now! :twisted: :lol:

...trouble which only adds to the 50 % extra moderation F8 and David have to do anyway...? That's harsh... :mrgreen:

I downloaded the package. When I tried to install, got an error message indicating that I needed to have Logic 9.0 or higher to install. I have 9.1.5. Previous updates of 9.1.3 and 9.1.5 went fine. Any advise? Thanks,

Hiphopblues

Two essential conditions for upgrading:

1. Logic must be named Logic Pro, no spaces, no version number in the name.

2. Logic must reside in the Applications folder.

So i finally decided to update to OS10.6.8 and Logic Pro 9.1.5 and now its not available on Apple anymore. I don't want to dive into 9.1.6 just yet, can someone please sort me out with a 9.1.5 update dmg ??

Am gonna save these dmg's from now on.........not cool that Apple forces versions on customers as different configs work for different systems.

Missed it by a day!

Thanks

Faisal

How are you starting Logic? Via doubleclicking the app, or doubleclicking a project file?

And what does Logics' splash screen indicate it is trying to do when it freezes...?

You could try refreshing the preferences. If you are on Lion, you'll have to make the User Library folder visible first. There are some simple free apps available for that. Here's one: http://www.akutech.com/show.html

After having it made visible (be sure to quit Logic first), go to Users/you/Library/Preferences and move the com.apple.logic.pro.plist file to the desktop, restart Logic.

I downloaded the package. When I tried to install, got an error message indicating that I needed to have Logic 9.0 or higher to install. I have 9.1.5. Previous updates of 9.1.3 and 9.1.5 went fine. Any advise? Thanks,

Hiphopblues

Two essential conditions for upgrading:

1. Logic must be named Logic Pro, no spaces, no version number in the name.

2. Logic must reside in the Applications folder.

Thanks, Logic wasn't in Applications for some reason. Nice call.

Hiphopblues

Yes, the audio content is available as a separate download - read page 1 of the thread above.

The "Essential Content" is the basic stuff - the screenshot should be reasonably self-explanatory.

Now that Soundtrack Pro is no longer included, the Soundtrack content is missing, which made up a big part of the extra content - at least about 20gigs, hence the size differences.

How about the audio content? Logic studio came with more than 45go of sounds, which was one of the strength of the suite. Are they included in the appstore version?

Same question here.

Logic 9 costs now €149 on the Mac App Store :shock:

Mainstage is €23.99

I was wondering if the additional content (loops, jam packs...) is sold separately now.

EDIT: I should have read two post above :lol:

Does anyone know the price of the additional content ?

Edited by Miguel972

He can make more trouble now! :twisted: :lol:

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my motivation for busting a move. :twisted: Well, OK, not really, and it's got nothing to do with MPV either. Let's wait for David to make an announcement. Meanwhile...

Curious to know if anyone has a clever method for trying to retain one's current version of Logic while also installing the update? I'd like to have 9.1.5 and 9.1.6 on my system simultaneously.

Regards,

Ski

Curious to know if anyone has a clever method for trying to retain one's current version of Logic while also installing the update? I'd like to have 9.1.5 and 9.1.6 on my system simultaneously.

Sure thang!

Before installing the update:

In the Finder, right-click Logic Pro and select Duplicate.

This will make a copy named Logic Pro copy.

Rename it to Logic Pro 9.1.5 or anything...you might prefer "ski's SEXY Logic"...or just leave it as is.

If you are on Lion, you'll have to make the User Library folder visible first. There are some simple free apps available for that. Here's one: http://www.akutech.com/show.html

Hi

No method cheaper/quicker than using the Finder 'Go' menu... hold down OPTION and the Library appears in the Go menu.

CCT

Very nice tip, thanks CCT! :)

am on logic express 9.1.5...no update option for me ... :(

i COULD move to pro, for $200 (that's the app store price, apple no longer offers an upgrade path).

was about to do this, but...might as well wait for L10; i can do everything i to right now; nothing i need from 'pro' (except LOL, the update itself).

just figure i buy it now, then several months later, 10 comes out, & i have to buy that as well... :evil:

am on logic express 9.1.5...no update option for me ... :(

Hi

You may have missed my earlier post?

And I missed the obvious - 9.1.6 is not available for LogicExpress (as fixes normally are).

I'm discontinued ;-) I really have to upgrade.

Hi

For what it's worth, Apple Support "Most Recent" has a reference to Logic Express 9.1.6, but the link takes you to the 9.1.5 page.

feed://rss.support.apple.com/

Perhaps they did not have time to sort out the info and download before they finished work for the day?

CCT

I don't like the "fix" to Ultrabeat.

-The sample preview option available when importing samples into Ultrabeat now functions correctly.

I doesn't function correctly at all now. It did before... The 'Sample Preview in Ultrabeat Voice' allowed you to hear how the parameters effected a sample while you previewed.

This has been broken for me since 9 (and is certainly still broken in 9.1.6 for me). Are you saying it worked for you before?

The boxed version of Logic Studio included older "Legacy" EXS-instruments and Space designer IR:s.

Are these included in the App Store version of Logic?

I did wonder about that, because I couldn't see them listed in any of the download additional content options.

And I missed the obvious - 9.1.6 is not available for LogicExpress (as fixes normally are).

I'm discontinued ;-) I really have to upgrade.

Hi

For what it's worth, Apple Support "Most Recent" has a reference to Logic Express 9.1.6, but the link takes you to the 9.1.5 page.

feed://rss.support.apple.com/

Perhaps they did not have time to sort out the info and download before they finished work for the day?

CCT

guess we'll see...often, LE updates would come several days after pro updates..

The 'Sample Preview in Ultrabeat Voice' allowed you to hear how the parameters effected a sample while you previewed. Now there is no difference if preview button is on or off.

Just compared 8.0.2, 9.0.2, 9.1.4 and 9.1.6. You're right. 9.1.6 doesn't preview samples with Ultrabeat's parameters - the earlier versions listed did.

[but, with all versions, on loading a new sample, Ultrabeat resets some of those parameters (pitch and mod) anyway...]

This is exactly what I was hoping for. I never was interested in Mainstage and the other apps, but I've always wished I could get the plug-ins that weren't included in Express.

Too bad there isn't an upgrade path from Express, but, I think I can live with that. Right on time for the holidays.

I suppose that the additional content which is already installed on my Mac will be available in Pro, right? I don't need all those loops and sounds, but what's there now I'd like to keep using w/o having to re-download it all.

Man, am I glad I made the switch!

I suppose that the additional content which is already installed on my Mac will be available in Pro, right? I don't need all those loops and sounds

You have to install the base content, but all JamPacks are optional installs. You can pick what to install. You can even install the JamPack sounds without the loops.