auvaltool is crashing

rpacker

Since I upgraded to Lion, the auvaltool tool is crashing with some of my 32 bit plugins. They actually still work, but there are listed in the plugins menu in an "incompatible" category.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

I am using the latest version of Logic in 32 bit mode.

The following plugins have crashed the au validation:

Altiverb 6.3.7

Melodyne Plugin 1.04

Melodyne Bridge 3.2

PSP 608 Multidelay 1.1.2'

I somehow have the impression the auvaltool is corrupted, but I'm not sure. Again, these plugins do work, even though they say "failed" or "crashed" validation in the AU manager.

The following plugins have crashed the au validation:

Altiverb 6.3.7

Melodyne Plugin 1.04

Melodyne Bridge 3.2

PSP 608 Multidelay 1.1.2'

I somehow have the impression the auvaltool is corrupted, but I'm not sure. Again, these plugins do work, even though they say "failed" or "crashed" validation in the AU manager.

I have the latest version of Melodyne (1.30) and that validates perfectly in Lion.

I can not comment on the others.

Thanks for your feedback. I think what all of these plugins have in common (except PSP) is they are the latest versions of software that has since been revisioned or in the case of Altiverb, is about to be upgraded.

It is just strange, because there are no error messages from Ableton Live or Digital Performer or Final Cut Pro, etc., just Logic. So it seems the auvaltool is the problem, because again the plugins do work.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I have a similar problem.

I recently upgraded to Lion, and now one my my plug ins also dont work. I am using Logic Pro 8.

For me it crashes when loading the PLAY plug in (with east/west Symphonic Orchestra).

The AU manager says, crashed during validation.

I have tried in both 32bit and 64 bit.

Anyone help please? This is a fairly vital piece of kit for me!

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting (#5)

That probably doesn't help, because auval is part of Mac OS X, not Logic. Logic Pro is just calling auval to - duh - validate AudioUnits. You can therefore receive a new version auval with any Mac OS X update.

Of course that information helps.

He is having problems with Logic 8 and Play.

System info means OS, Computer...