MIDI Driver Problems [SOLVED]

l_cadejo

I have been having problems with my Logic. Every time I open logic it says I have a MIDI Timeout and I get a box that says to restart my computer or update midi information and then later i get another box saying Mac OS X MIDI services are not available.

The only recent thing I have done so far is install Pro Tools 8 LE. After I installed it i began getting this error. Can someone explain what's going on and how to troubleshoot this? I'd very much appreciate it.

Hi, go to the main Library folder on your HD (not you user Library folder) and then Audio > MIDI Drivers. Remove the DigiDioMIDI.plugin driver that Pro Tools installed there. You won't need it as it an old digidesign driver for old Digidesign gear, and it happens to mess with Core MIDI as you've witnessed for yourself.

J.

Ok I checked the Audio folder in the Library; I'mg guessing it's where the Components are and Presets are. I checked the MIDI Driver folder and i found nothing in there. Am I in the right folder or is there another problem with it? Would reinstalling Logic work?

Logic is not your problem so reinstalling it is pointless.

What OS are you using?

Please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting (#5)

I checked the MIDI Driver folder and i found nothing in there.

You're probably looking in the wrong place as installing Pro Tools puts several MIDI drivers in the location I mentioned:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2765/4450445522_dbe3b464cf_o.png

J.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had been working all day with no problems in Logic and this same msg came out nowhere. Now I can't do anything. I have no PT drivers and I have moved all my other midi drivers to the desktop. Logic will load and open normally but as soon as i try to play anything I get the msg and my only option is to Force quit .

This is awful.