most reliable audio interface <$500

usually, I hear apogee, or motu, but i've had terrible luck with both of them. on my 2nd apogee and its not receiving input, on my 4th motu (3 828 mkii and 1 896hd) and i refuse to spend any more money on those brands, because they seem to all fail within a year.(details below if anyone cares!)

so what interface can i buy that will not fail! preferably under $500, hopefully cheaper than that, as I only need a solid xlr input with phantom, and some solid balanced outs for my monitors.

I've been looking at focusrite, any thoughts on their cheaper stuff? or am i doomed to a crappy interface unless i spend more than $xxxx

thanks!

my first apogee one had issues with the built in mic, every time you would touch it, there would be a ton of static introduced on the output and i narrowed it down to the built in mic. the second apogee refuses to take any external input unless you put pressure inwards on the breakout. each time i have to pay around 140 to get those replaced! the motu 896hd stopped outputting through the main outs after 2 years in a rack. the first 828 had the lcd stop lighting up, $100 and a replacement, now the replacement stopped powering up after a year, now on my third, its having the same boot issue (widespread it seems)

first of all, thanks everyone for your input! I narrowed it down to focusrite and presonus, and I ended up with the focusrite scarlett 2i2. Ive been testing it out for about an hour now and i can say the pre's are miles better than the motu and considerably better than the apogee one. the outputs sound a little cleaner than both at high gain. for the price i couldnt pass it up for $150. So far my only issue is no software control of the volume (via the keyboard) but other than that I am very happy with my purchase so far!