L9 - GUi customization, minor changes

Had fun downloading, and customizing my DAW today, added new meters, and a few other items.

TY for the thread!

One thing I noticed today, is that, when I now open the "Load Meter" (CPU/HD) the new meter GUI is used there too, and it looks odd...

any way to keep the old meter GUI in the "Load Meter" and the new meter GUI in the Mixer? :?

Seems like it would take some expert programming, to reference different ".tiff" files in each case; not sure even what would need to be re-coded, but sounds difficult!

Hi guys here is my take on the GUI customization.

Remember to backup the original file from the Logic.app/Resources so you can change them back if you don't like the theme. I have reisssued and redone some of my favorite tweaks but do not know the original tweakers so if you recognize some of your work, thanks very much. Credit goes to you. 8) Especially the included Green Flat meters that include the surround versions too.

These changes are subtle but are useful for better metereing in the −18dB ► −6dB range. Also I was bored by the default interface after a while.

There are three meter versions. All are best used with the Sectional dB-linear meters.

• −∞dB ► −18dB = Green/Blue
  • −18dB ► −6dB = Yellow
  • −6dB ► −1dB = Orange
  • −1dB ► 0dB

= Red

• Changes:
  • EQ Thumbnail
  • Fader handle and background
  • Pan knob
  • Plugin/Sends/Automation/IO Buttons
  • Clipping box
  • Track Level Meter in the arrange window

Download

http://cl.ly/191m1u422p1B1z2i021H

mindprint-Logic9-GUI.zip

Previews

http://f.cl.ly/items/2s0k2L0a0K0j1f171J05/mindprint-green.png

http://f.cl.ly/items/0Y3d1H2q222d16042U2S/mindprint-blue.png

Edited by mindprint

What is the procedure to install those GUI files? Just replace the exiting files with the same file name or?

The procedure is:

• Open the the Package Content Directory of the Logic app (right click, select "Show Package Contents"
  • Open the directory: "Contents > Resources" and replace the images in that folder with my new images

Of course it goes without saying that you make a copy of your Logic app before doing the procedure and have Logic not running while doing the "surgery".

Just replace those that I have included. The rest stays default. Not all of the graphics is changed, just those that I have listed. Mind you there are 3 versions of meters so You will need to try them out (restart Logic everytime) or just decide from the screenshots which ones you like and replace those.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, i only just recently discovered all this modding fun, thanks to everyone that has contributed, amazing stuff, who needs logic 10 anyway? this is way more fun ;)

I do have one part of the puzzle that is bugging me though, i have tweaked a few plugins too but there's 2 dials on the ES1 that just stay green, i can't find the tiffs for these, if anyone's discovered where they are and wants to share i might actually be able to get some sleep this week. Here's hoping ;)

Thanks again!

1599911796_Screenshot2012-05-02at11_58_20PM.thumb.png.c12e29d156847b53241d827285a5b2e3.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, with all these changes (of which I show you the things I picked from the posts at this thread), it seems I can't convert a stereo channel to mono and vice versa (at least not visually). Any answers to that?

http://www.mutealbino.com/mixer.jpg

Hi, with all these changes (of which I show you the things I picked from the posts at this thread), it seems I can't convert a stereo channel to mono and vice versa (at least not visually). Any answers to that?

This has nothing to do with your changes. On software instrument channel strips, the input format of the channel strip is determined by the format of the instrument you insert in its instrument slot.

http://www.mutealbino.com/mixer.jpg

Hey nice mod you did,

Would you like to share those meters/faders?

cheers

• 2 months later...

Hi there!

Although I'm new to this forum, I am deeply impressed by all your beauties on Logic Pro customization.

In fact, I can't find all resources ... probably because I'm not familiar with this forum and/or some resources are gone. :(

Can one of you help me to find the resources, used in the following items:

• The hardware grid for the EQ part; shown by Septicstudio on Aug 7 and 10, 2009.

• The slightly dimmed colored buttons; posted by malbino on Jul 17, 2012.

• The shadowed buttons for Panning and Sends; also presented by Septicstudio on Aug 7, 2009.

Many thanks in advance!

Greetz,

GJ

Since I'm working on this customization, I get the following questions:

• How can I change the lightgreen outline color of the selected control strip in the mixer?

• Where can I find the resource for the lightblue color of the Pan and Send knobs after giving them a value?

• What is the function of the SwitchGreen(Dark) en TextButton resources?

• How can I change the light blue buttons on top of each working area?

Thanks in advance!

GJ

Thanks to you all for the beautiful Logic Pro enhancements!

Special thanks to Eriksimon and Septicstudio for their help in finding the "good old" resources.

The past couple of weeks, I've implemented a lot of your material, but I also tried to build on your ideas .. resulting in the next screenshot.

One of the builds is trying to be consistent … especially in terms of light source: from above and a little to the left.

Here's an overview:

• Thanks to mindprint, I was able to change the level meters on the faders as well as on the tracks. In fact, that was what I was looking for!

• I "borrowed" this idea to change the CPU/HD load meters in the Transport Bar.

• Build on the absolutely beautiful industrial plates for the idle EQ backgrounds from Edgar Rothermich, I created an idle look for these EQ backgrounds. For me, it looks more logic now, but that is a personal issue of course.

• Furthermore, I tried to achieve lookalikes from my Behringer mixer (knobs for faders, pan's and send's), based on the ideas from brown dog, ampgui and elmarkey.

• The less shiny mixer buttons on all control strips - for instance from elmarkey - were the basis for mine; although I changed the colors a bit.

• That's also the case for the fader backgrounds from TheBlueRoom.

• More or less the same applies for the level meter clipping LED's from Tui and dakiniz.

• As a matter of fact, I also changed the About and Splash Screens, but that's less important since it displays my logo now. :D

Thanks again and cheers!

GJ - Attracks pilot

GJK.zip

This attachments includes my mod's

Hi GJ, thank you, very thoughful of you, this "Oscar speech", 8) I'm now very curious wether your music also shows this meticulous attention to detail... can't wait to hear some. :)

I spite of your apparent thoroughness, you omitted one thing: the screenshot... it's not attached, nor is it part of the package... :? :cry:

Show us the mod!