Article: "Apple Pro Audio Team 'Decimated'"

D.D. Jackson

I just can not resist starting (another) school yard brawl. . . :D

This is how I look at all of this. . .

My current version of Logic Pro and my Mac Pro work really well together. It's stable; it meets all of my current (and near future) compositional, sequencing and recording needs. If any part of this rumor is true, and I've read other posts to suggest otherwise, and there is no further development for Logic Pro, then I guess I'll just have to learn to live with what I have. What I have is wonderfully stable and should last me a long time.

:twisted:

Edited to add: Awwwww. . . I see that the powers that be merged the two threads together. Oh Well.

Edited by efiebke

This is a worrisome article - but I wonder about the validity of it. Some of the comments question it... Anybody want to add some thoughts?

Apple Pro Audio Applications Team "Decimated" ...

Talk about a whole lot of hoopla about nothing... :roll:

They're using strong wording to create a sensational title. What happened was that during the transition from Apple distributing Logic through conventional retail channels to distributing it exclusively in the Mac App Store, Apple laid off the Logic sales teams. Those teams' role was to place the Logic boxes in stores (Guitar Center, Sam Ash etc..), check the location and presentation of the product in the store, create in-store promotional events, etc... all things that Apple will no longer need in the future since the move to the Mac App Store.

The Pro Audio development and management teams are still alive and kicking.

Thank you, Dave and the rest, for setting the record straight.

I've been working on some compositional projects these past few weeks (which is a rare opportunity for me!!!), and I have to say that I just LOVE Logic Pro. I haven't worried about crashes; so far, there's been no problems with using too many VIs (these pieces are orchestral compositions for a total of about 50 "instruments"). It's been sheer joy working with Logic Pro, which has been my overall experience for the past few years. Although I'm not a "Pro", I'm a committed user of this program. I appreciate stability. With my current computer set-up using the current version of Logic Pro, I have that stability. It is reassuring to read that there may be future versions of Logic Pro. Although I will proceed with any future upgrades with prudent caution, I will upgrade if/when it's stable. :)

Ted

Regarding journalism. . .

It's my opinion that good journalism has been dead for a many years, now. This is especially true for "news" read on the internet. Checking FACTS, ensuring that information "printed" in articles are verifiably true, seems to have become a lost responsibility in modern-day "journalism". The article shared in this thread is one fine example of this. BLECH!

People unfortunately want crappy news (aka infotainment) so the demand for good journalism has become quite niche; in fact, 99.9 % of journalists are not or hardly critical or independent at all. They almost all are as laden with transparent convictions and subconcious conditioning(s) as the rest of humanity. Simple example: the above choice of words, where capitalism is already an unquestioned fact of life ("the demand...").

There's no good or bad journalism, really. There's good and bad storytelling.

When will Logic X come out? is not a story. It is a thought experiment.