Hyper Editor area within Arrange - other drum loops [SOLVED]

erikbojerik

I've tried searching the forum, but can't quite find the answer to this.

I have a nice drum editor set up in the Hyper Editor area within the Arrange window, just below the area showing the tracks. I have a single channel strip with Ultrabeat in the I/O slot (which for some odd reason produces 2 tracks in Arrange that both seem to do the same thing, but whatever....).

I've created a 4-bar drum loop in the Hyper Editor area, it produces a region in the tracks area, and this region is a pretty good example of everything else that goes on in the song. So here's my problem - if I copy and chop the region to (say) use only the first bar, this new smaller 1-bar region has the same name as the original 4-bar region and I cannot find a way to edit it in the Hyper Editor area of the Arrange window. Nor can I figure out how to re-name it to something else.

I can edit the 1-bar segment in its own separate Hyper Editor window (as well as in Piano Roll and Score areas within Arrange), but in the interest of minimizing the number of windows open I would like to do this within the Arrange window if at all possible.

Am I just missing something simple?

which for some odd reason produces 2 tracks in Arrange that both seem to do the same thing, but whatever....).

The tracks weren't created by themselves so you must have created the 2nd one accidentally, probably with a key command. You can click one of the track headers in the Arrange area and press Delete on your keyboard to delete that track.

I've created a 4-bar drum loop in the Hyper Editor area, it produces a region in the tracks area, and this region is a pretty good example of everything else that goes on in the song. So here's my problem - if I copy and chop the region to (say) use only the first bar, this new smaller 1-bar region has the same name as the original 4-bar region and I cannot find a way to edit it in the Hyper Editor area of the Arrange window. Nor can I figure out how to re-name it to something else.

Regions are named in the Arrange area, not in an editor. Click a region with the text tool to rename it.

I can edit the 1-bar segment in its own separate Hyper Editor window (as well as in Piano Roll and Score areas within Arrange), but in the interest of minimizing the number of windows open I would like to do this within the Arrange window if at all possible.

You can only have one editor open at a time in the Arrange window, and the Hyper Editor can only display the contents of a single region at a time. Select the desired region in the Arrange area and the Hyper Editor will display its contents.

Thanks for the tips on extra track and text tool - worked fine.

You can only have one editor open at a time in the Arrange window, and the Hyper Editor can only display the contents of a single region at a time. Select the desired region in the Arrange area and the Hyper Editor will display its contents.

This for sure is not happening. I built the original 4-bar loop within the Hyper Editor area of the Arrange window, but no matter which region I click (and they all have different names now) the Hyper Editor displays only the original 4-bar loop.