MIDI Timeout message? [SOLVED]

jayjaychil

OK, jayjaychil - chill.

Nobody can help you if you provide so little info. For starters, add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting (#5)

After that, explain in more detail what is happening. Does this timeout happens during startup? Does it crash Logic? Does it happen no matter what project you open?

Does it also happen if you create a new user account and start Logic from there?

ok sorry, first time on here.

im running a macbook

2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo

2gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram

mac osx 10.5.8

logic pro 9 version 9.0.2

It started a few days after i installed trillion. ive since un installed it.

its when i start up logic. And any new or old project it does the same.

Ive read most forums and deleted stuff from my audio units etc.

im thinking of reinstalling but dont know if i will still have all my vst's.................massive, sylenth, panman etc etc.

and obviously i dont want to lose all my work

if you could help mate id be really grateful

cheers

had this message on new user trying to start logic

logic quit while trying to use the audio unit "crystallizer' sound toys. plug in may require an update.

then 2nd time "filterFreak1"

3rd 'massive'

4th DCAM bus comp

5th tremolator

6th wavestation

reaktor5, alcahemy, DCAM chan comp, panman, M1, reaktor5 fx, decapitator, echoBoy, filterfreak2, camelcrusher, DCAM cross comp, trillion, mde-x, sylenth1, phasemistress, AUbandpass by apple!, AUdynamicsprocessor by apple!, AUdelay......apple!, AUdistortion, AUfilter, AUgraphicEQ, AUhighpass, AUhighshelffilter, AUpeaklimiter, AUlowpass, AUlowshelffilter, AUmultibandcompressor, AUmatrixreverb, AUnetsend, AUparametricEQ, AUrogerbeep, AUsampledelay, AUpitch, DSLmusicdevice, AUaudiofileplayer, AUnetreceive, AUspeechsynthesis, 2c-b2

t-racks 3 has not been proberly installed. pls run the installer again to fix. vpa plugin rejected vpa host.

then got this.

.....encountered 1 audio unit plug in which did not pass the AU validation. these plug ins have been excluded from further usage to provent possible problems. you can now start the AU manager to reveiw validation results.

done that. everything says crashed validation. except T-rackS 3.......couldnt be opened

after all that i opened logic and none of my vst were there and i still hd midi timeout. WTf is going on? please dont tell me ive lost all my vst's now

sorry but i was getting no help with the one!

When that happens, all you need to do is bump your thread (by posting a reply yourself).

some help rather than a telling off would be useful........

Sorry jayjay, but you got to play by the rules of the house.

As far as helping you out, based on the info you've provided so far all I can tell is that it sounds like you're dealing with pirated software:

im thinking of reinstalling but dont know if i will still have all my vst's.................massive, sylenth, panman etc etc.

If your software is legit, you don't need to worry about losing anything.

J.

no pirate here. all my stuff is brought and paid for.

my concern is that is i reinstall il lose all my work.

You shouldn't loose anything if you reinstall the exact same versions of the plug-ins you use (sometimes that's not even the case, but better safe than sorry).

Based on the info you've given so far, I don't think you should be reinstalling Logic. Have you tied trashing the Audio Units cache and restarting Logic after that?

J.

• 2 months later...

EDIT-ok, found the solution here :D :

https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72736&p=479358&hilit=+midi+timeout+#p449311

Glad to hear the problem is now solved.

J.

I'm sorry, but where is the solution please? It's not in this thread AFAI can see.

I'm having the same problem (MIDI Timeout error message) . Logic follows it with another error message "Deep Architecture! Unpack some Folders." But I hardly have any folders in the song at all. The song is however a work template I use every week, so maybe it has some bug in it somewhere.

I don't know why, but I only ever have seem to these issues on days when there's a heavy deadline coming up!!! :roll:

Thx for any help

RR

EDIT-ok, found the solution here :D :

https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72736&p=479358&hilit=+midi+timeout+#p449311

Glad to hear the problem is now solved.

J.

I'm sorry, but where is the solution please? It's not in this thread AFAI can see.

I'm having the same problem (MIDI Timeout error message) . Logic follows it with another error message "Deep Architecture! Unpack some Folders." But I hardly have any folders in the song at all. The song is however a work template I use every week, so maybe it has some bug in it somewhere.

I don't know why, but I only ever have seem to these issues on days when there's a heavy deadline coming up!!! :roll:

Thx for any help

RR

Sounds like your project is either corrupted and/or it begins prior to bar 1 (i.e in the negative bars). At least that was the problem for this user who was getting both MIDI Timeout and Deep Architecture errors (this thread is mostly in spanish though!):

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=362102

Never move the project start marker to the negative area...it only brings...negativity!

EDIT: OK, now I noticed you already found a solution:

Corruption.

J.

Hi Jordito, thank you, kind of you to reply!

My song does (did) indeed have a start point of minus 8 bars. I chopped out everything before 1 1 1 1 and the problem has disappeared. I will change my template too, to fix that.

I'm REALLY glad to have found this solution. Last time I had this problem I was on a really stressy day and had to move all the audio into another song , on another computer actually, to keep on working.

So your advice, and David's, is really valuable. :D

many thanks again

RR

Hi Jordito, thank you, kind of you to reply!

My song does (did) indeed have a start point of minus 8 bars. I chopped out everything before 1 1 1 1 and the problem has disappeared. I will change my template too, to fix that.

I'm REALLY glad to have found this solution. Last time I had this problem I was on a really stressy day and had to move all the audio into another song , on another computer actually, to keep on working.

So your advice, and David's, is really valuable. :D

many thanks again

RR

Great! You're welcome!

J.

• 2 months later...