Volume level of software instrument track is stuck [SOLVED]

stephenhiscox

One software instrument track in my recording won't let me change its volume. I keep dragging the track's volume fader down but it jumps up to +6 again by itself. All the other tracks are behaving normally.

(I'm working with Logic Pro 9 in Mac OSX 10.8.3. I'm new to Logic after years of working in Garageband, so excuse me if the answer's obvious!)

I'd be grateful for any help!

Thanks,

Stephen

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have the same problems with volumes, that get stuck (in this case at -7,9). But I'm only an old musician, so I don't understand all the technical phrases. Can anyone please help me solving this problem? I can't seem to find out how to locate controller 7 for example? I press 'e' in the arrange window and then what?

:)

Lars

Hi there,

I have the same problems with volumes, that get stuck (in this case at -7,9). But I'm only an old musician, so I don't understand all the technical phrases.

Yep, I can see that...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Edouard_Manet_Old_Musician_1862.jpg/800px-Edouard_Manet_Old_Musician_1862.jpg

Can anyone please help me solving this problem? I can't seem to find out how to locate controller 7 for example? I press 'e' in the arrange window and then what?

...then the Event List should open on the right hand side of the arrange window, and in that editor you can locate midi control 7 (Volume) messages, select and delete them.

772170812_pic2013-06-07at11_18_03.PNG.155abf741b7f1c5490989b5842b04e24.PNG

If "E" doesn't work, you can use cmd-0 (zero) to open a separate Event List, or mouse to Window>Event List.