Logic Pro X and Logic Remote Now Available

I'd very much like to hear about the way Logic X now handles multi-processing vs Logic 9.

Is this, at last, the end of the lone core peak and dubious associated workarounds?

Someone from the beta team maybe?

Thanks in advance for your responses, as I won't be able to grab it and see by myself until a few weeks :-)

Can I 'SAVE AS'??

You can go one better in Logic Pro X:

Project Alternatives lets you save the project in different states - yu can set a unique name too.

Backups allow you to visit previous saved versions of the project.

and you can now enable AutoSave!!

I assume the 35 gigs of in app stuff is included in the price? I am allegedly downloading it now.

I guess my Miroslav and other IK Multimedia 32bit plugs are unuseable.

Yes, the samples are included. 32-bit plugs won't work, but Logic Pro X will happily co-exist with LP9.

When LPX is installed, it will rename previous Logic versions.

I wonder how it handles patch selection on external synths.

Up until LP9, it's horrible. Especially with newer GM2 synths. Depending on the synth, it doesnt even put the patches in the right order.

I wish we could arrange the patches in any way we want and specify MSB LSB and PC numbers for each slot.

I've been using MidiO in the meantime (http://mysite.verizon.net/retroware/) but since it's 32bit, it wont work anymore.

That..... Is it. seriously must have been one of the most requested features. Totally ignored.

..along with "reorganize channel strips in the Mixer" which doesn't seem to be possible either. In fact, just the selector to view different types of channel strip and the "single/arrange/all" options are now considered "advanced".

On first impressions, performance seems slightly worse than LP9 when using CPU-heavy instruments. Single-core spikes are still the order of the day.

Does anyone know if the processor plugins, like EQs, Compressors, Delays, Reverbs etc have changed? Or at least been given a new skin? That GUI feels about 40 years old now but it's more like 10 years

According to that Peter Kirn article, they're still the same :!: .

Same goes for the EXS24...maybe they're leaving those for later (After all the electric piano, clav and B3 got a nice update).

J.

Thanks triplets. That was the only plugin pic i could find and it confused me because it seems to be a new, simplified Compressor. I was hoping it was an addition rather than a replacement.

And jordito thank you. I'll read the Peter Kirn thing. Bummer though

Thanks triplets. That was the only plugin pic i could find and it confused me because it seems to be a new, simplified Compressor. I was hoping it was an addition rather than a replacement.

And jordito thank you. I'll read the Peter Kirn thing. Bummer though

I think that's actually a "Smart Controls" version...not the actual plugin GUI...from what I gather, at least.

J.

Does anyone know if the processor plugins, like EQs, Compressors, Delays, Reverbs etc have changed?

I loaded up a bunch of them and no change. The "container" window does look a bit different though.

The "Smart Controls" window is another way of controlling stuff - it has controls for what Logic "thinks" you want if it's on "Automatic Smart Controls" mode. For example, a channel EQ has Frequency and Gain knobs for peak 2, peak 3, high shelf and low shelf.

There are a bunch of manual layouts as well, where you can just assign whatever plugin parameters you want.

Can you run Logic 9.x and X on the same system?

This no 32-bit AU thing really screws me as Sylenth1 is my main go to synth :(

Yes you can run Logic 9 and X on the same system... but (and I'm quoting Steve H now) once you get into Logic X you won't want to go back.

Shame that Sylenth still isn't 32-bit... been a long time since Logic incorporated 64-bit architecture now!

Thanks fastfourier. A missed opportunity i think. Without doing the whole stupid Protools/Logic thing, i will say that when Protools freshened up the look of their Digi-Rack plugins, it really freshened up the whole working experience

Can you run Logic 9.x and X on the same system?

This no 32-bit AU thing really screws me as Sylenth1 is my main go to synth :(

Yes you can run Logic 9 and X on the same system... but (and I'm quoting Steve H now) once you get into Logic X you won't want to go back.

Shame that Sylenth still isn't 32-bit... been a long time since Logic incorporated 64-bit architecture now!

i'm thinking of replacing S1 with spire (reveal-sound.com); i need to explore it more, but it's...possible. still, am in agreement with the S1 users, it's a GREAT synth. but waiting for a 64bit AU is useless... ugh...