Automate Blofeld external synth? [SOLVED]

ben37

Thanks for your help but I think it's going to have to be simpler than that. The user's setup you're referencing seems different that mine.

I have a blofeld connected via usb.

so far i have created an external midi track, and an audio track, through which I'm getting sound.

When I go to the external midi track to automate the CC's in track automation, I grab the correct number CC but it does not let me draw in automation points. It does draw hyperdraw region automation but then it doesn't play back, like nothing happened.

What exactly needs to be done in the environment?

i know i'm saying it's not letting me draw points. i choose the CC to draw, but then clicking in the automation lane does nothing. it's only letting me draw automation for the track stuff like volume, pan, mute sol etc Edited by ben37

Jordi it does record region automation but then it doesn't play back. I suppose we should get this sorted out before thinking about track automation :)

in the vid below you can hear the cutoff changing when i record, but then listen to the playback.

everything looks good as far as receiving midi though:

i know i'm saying it's not letting me draw points. i choose the CC to draw, but then clicking in the automation lane does nothing. it's only letting me draw automation for the track stuff like volume, pan, mute sol etc

Sorry to insist but for the sake of making sure: are you clicking with the Pencil tool? If using the Pointer tool you need to double-click.

omg! thanks david. here's what i just learned:

you can get initial automation points with volume,pan etc by double clicking with the pointer.

but you can NOT get initial points this way if you're doing CCs. It HAS to be the pencil. But then once at least one point is in, you THEN CAN double click with the pointer! WTF! :)

Same problem as in the video though. I can record or draw automation (region or track) and it doesn't play back.

Same problem as in the video though. I can record or draw automation (region or track) and it doesn't play back.

Is the Blofeld set to respond to the same CC it transmits?

Ctrl Receive off / on

Determines if Real-Time Sound Parameter Changes are

received over MIDI by the Blofeld.

• If Off is selected, no Sound Parameter Changes are received.

• If On is selected, all Sound Parameter Changes are received, no matter if they were sent as controller or system exclusive messages.

J.