Logic X on Mavericks

rojh

Yes, I have developer account and i installed the Golden Master version meaning the same thing that will be released on the 8th :) final release. Yeah it would be nice if it is true. On my machine it performs better i guess. When i opened my projects that are almost using half or more than half the CPU power, they end up using less resources on mavericks :P

If history is any indicator we'll be seeing the official release on the 16th or the 23rd. Probably more likely the 23rd but the 16th would be nice.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Logic's performance is improved with Mavericks. Another big feature being touted by Apple with Mavericks is improvements to the multi-display functionality - something that will be very welcome for 2-screen apps like Logic.

Yes, I have developer account and i installed the Golden Master version meaning the same thing that will be released on the 8th :) final release. Yeah it would be nice if it is true. On my machine it performs better i guess. When i opened my projects that are almost using half or more than half the CPU power, they end up using less resources on mavericks :P

That's awesome.... just really great news.

Another big feature being touted by Apple with Mavericks is improvements to the multi-display functionality - something that will be very welcome for 2-screen apps like Logic.

And also the addition to use an Apple TV as a second screen.

Yes! Very cool and something I will definitely use!

You can measure relative performance by using Evan's Logic benchmark test.

http://www.evan.se/logicprobenchmark/Logic_Multicore_Benchmark_Test.html

I saw a small performance boost moving from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4, at this point LPX has the same performance as LP 9.1.8.

8)

The biggest problem for 10.8.5 transition to 10.9 was having to re-scan all the hundreds of AU's and a couple old ones didn't make the cut. This also happened going from Lion to ML as I recall . Several au's errored validation at first but later I could rescan them and they passed.

Working on a new project over the weekend I did see several unexplained X crashes. Hopefully just a fluke or wonky plug...

"Better I guess" is not all that much of a ringing endorsement:)

. Have you noticed if the Mavericks "compressed memory" thing is helping?

I guess the under the hood enhancements in mavericks are working. and one thing to take note guys, be sure to go to the application folder and go to "GET INFO" right click. then check PREVENT APP NAP. :) do this to any apps you dont want to NAP :P lol.

be sure to go to the application folder and go to "GET INFO" right click. then check PREVENT APP NAP. :) do this to any apps you dont want to NAP :P lol.

Isn't the App Nap function for apps that are open but you aren't currently using (basically minimized apps)? What's the problem with Logic taking an App Nap? Does it cause issues for resuming from the nap b/c of VI's that were loaded into RAM or something?

Hi,

And what about the third-party plugins you have? Do they all behave ok under 10.9? That's always what's stopping me from being an early adopter of a new OS... Thanks.

Blink

Most are ok. Had to re-scan several a couple times though to get accepted. Better than going from Lion to ML. Just an odd couple of very old ones that for whatever reason don't fly.

Almost everything that works on ML works on Mavericks too. Every plugin. No issues. I installed it over ML.

About the app nap, its up to you if you want Logic to take a nap on you while you switch to other windows or while tracking :P I think it is like a "PAUSE' option to save cpu power. I enabled app nap for everything except for my DAW.

After about a week, I have actually had way more LogicX crashes than I can remember in 6 months combined. Not sure what the deal is.. The good thing is that auto saves seem to work more consistently in X than they did in 9.

Maybe because LP 9 has no autosave? :)

Whatever it was called... oh yeah, it was xyzproject(crashed).logic :lol:

This weekend was a nightmare of constant crashes using LX and Mavericks GM. Hard to say whether it's LX, Kontakt, certain plugs or what, but it goes from solid to unusable fast. The crash reports aren't much help. I never had these issues like this before upgrading to Mavericks. Hopefully some stability fixes on all effected fronts will follow soon after release.

Upgrade. I don't think it would have made much difference regardless. I just get the feeling that something tied to problems somewhere with memory management is to blame. Just a hunch. I don't really know why going from ML to Mav would kill certain plugs for instance. Even Kontakt crashes way more than on ML. I guess that's progress for you. Now I see why so many still like Snow Lep. One step forward and two steps backwards it seems. Oddly enough there are periods of stability, then something that X or Mac doesn't like and the crashing starts up again.

I must say again that the auto saves are a life saver along these lines.