Song Constantly Skipping Back to Beginning

dustinwo

I have a project in which I'm unable to scroll much beyond the 9th measure...if I try, it scrolls for a while, but then it jumps back to the 7th to 9th measures...I'm literally unable to move past that point and edit audio in any measure beyond...and there are over 100 measures. Could there be some hidden marker that got inserted? I see none...

THanks!

D

Just seems like a weird bug. It's intermittent. And today when I opened the project, hit Z and saw the whole arrange area, then zoomed into the 34 - 39 measures, and then tried to scroll away from those, left or right, it kept bouncing back. My assessment is it keeps bouncing back to the first zoomed in area I go to. But then it stops. And it's only this project. Not sure there's much to say.

82277177_ScreenShot2013-12-06at2_02_09PM.thumb.png.f662aa4c91cd1f12f9eaff8e5cc100a8.png

Just fyi - none of these things work, and I'm having similar (though far worse) problems with another song...try to navigate to the beginning, won't let me, keeps jumping to a certain spot in the song. As soon as I make a flex pitch edit, it jumps to the beginning, etc. Ultimately, both songs have taken to just freezing when I try to open them, with the color wheel spinning endlessly.

Both songs that this has happened to were originally GarageBand, then Logic 9, then Logic X songs (they've been imported twice). I am having this with no other songs...so maybe there's a clue there.

THanks,

D

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue with a couple of songs. Both were originally Logic 9 files, later opened and saved in Logic Pro X. However, I have other files that were also imported from Logic 9 that don't have this problem.

Basically, I'm trying to record a solo, and about half of the time, when I try to scroll to the section where I want to record/play, it jumps back to the beginning of the song. That is, the VIEW jumps back, not the playhead. If I press play, it will play from wherever the playhead is, but as soon as I press stop or pause, the view jumps back to the beginning again.

-ME

It happens when I try to scroll on the magic mouse, OR even if I go to Navigate>Go to>Marker Number...

Scrolling with the mouse, it only lets me get to about measure 15 before it snaps back to the beginning.

If I go to the marker through the navigate window, it will quickly go there, then snap back to the beginning.

As I said before, it doesn't happen EVERY time, but often enough to be really frustrating.

Thanks,

-ME

Same issue here. Logic Pro X 10.0.6, created in this version and the issue has seemingly gotten worse over time.

I'm looking to edit parts of the song, and when I scroll ahead, it jumps back to approximately measure 8. Like others have reported, the issue is intermittent, but can be really annoying at times. Any solutions anybody?

Also, in response to some questions/speculations:

I'm having the issue outside of Flex. I'm only using a trackpad, no mouse. It happens while editing and in play mode as well; if I so much as bump the trackpad, the view will rapidly shift away from 'follow' back to about measure 8. Also notable, the spot that it jumps to is the first occurrence of an audio track- up until that point there are only MIDI tracks in the song. And I've tried opening a duplicate copy of the file saved on my external hard drive (because why not) and the same glitch persists. There are no evident triggers, it happens right when I open the project and scroll around a couple quick times.

Would really appreciate a solution to this... thanks!

**EDIT**

I deleted my .plist files associated with Logic Pro X and the problem seems to be gone... here's hoping!

***EDIT 2***

The problem came back... not sure what prompted it, but it's back... *sigh*

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Having the same issue here. 10.4.1

Playing project and it gets about halfway through and restarts. No vocals, flex or audio in project. All midi. A few summed tracks and using Apollo twin thunderbolt. Mostly happened when playing keyboard while track is playing. Not so much when just listening to the track.

I get this issue when I restart my Mac. Something with my forcusrite interface and drivers it seems. What helps me, close logic down open another daw like pro tools or Cubase if you have them. Just play a song you’ve created, than close that program down than reopen logic.It Seems weird but it helps take care of the my problem.