Logic Pro X 10.1 Released! (screenshots)

David Nahmani

Some people are never satisfied....

If that was a sarcastic remark aimed at me, actually, I'm quite happy with what 10.1 brought to the table. So far, I have only been posting positive feedback about the update. I mentioned that I was 'slightly' disappointed, not 'very' disappointed.

Also, I am a paying consumer therefore I think I am allowed to have opinions about the product and give feedback, good or bad.

Maybe crash during installaton.. :cry:

After updating 10.1.. Somthing strange in download additional content window.

Is this normal ?

And no vintage mellotron in library windows..

How can i re download additional content again?

[attachment=0]스크린샷 2015-01-22 오후 5.47.39.png[/attachment]

Same situation for me. The "Additional Content" window is completely empty. I tried it on both of my computers, no difference. Any suggestions?

Try to switch default system language to "english".... it worked for me!

Hoping the ES2 controller assignment bug is fixed. Anyone? Regardless, great update.

Just tried it on the cutoff and seemed to work fine. Yay! Also had trouble with latch mode and ES2 before and that also seems fine now.

From the 10.1 release notes:

"User-defined controller assignments now work as expected to control MIDI plug-in parameters."

Me happy.

downloading now. it should be interesting to hear from those who've been posting this week about logic not being pro, not getting updates... ;-)

this is apparently update no: 8, in 18 months

It's thanks to people like me that complain, and not only here but directly to Apple that we all get respect and attention. So safe your sarcasm to others aspects of your life.

Enjoy the new version of Logic. I'm so far satisfied. That's what matters today.

Edited by rokko101

Same situation for me. The "Additional Content" window is completely empty. I tried it on both of my computers, no difference. Any suggestions?

Yes, this worked for me too! Downloading right now. Been longing for that mellotron all day! Thanks.

Maybe crash during installaton.. :cry:

After updating 10.1.. Somthing strange in download additional content window.

Is this normal ?

And no vintage mellotron in library windows..

How can i re download additional content again?

[attachment=0]스크린샷 2015-01-22 오후 5.47.39.png[/attachment]

I Live in Sweden and had the same problem, but when i changed the system language to US english it worked.

Add me to the list. Additional content window is desperately empty, both in Logic and MainStage. :evil:

Changed the system language to US english it worked.

After updating I wanted to download the Mellotron. But my Additional Content browser is empty.

I've tried a lot, repair disk permissions. Uninstall Logic and Mainstage and Garageband en re-installed it. Even deleted al my downloaded samples and instruments. But still this browser stays empty.

http://www.edwens.nl/logic.png

When I open an existing project, Logic starts to download the necessary instruments and loops, so I probably already have a lot back, but not all of it. I was also able to download all of the drummers. But the Mellotron e.g., I can't download. Has anybody seen this before and knows how to repair this?

How are people getting on with old projects? Are you able to hit the floor running and continue working? Any show stoppers?

I'm mid project (and mid-mix, in fact) but would really enjoy the bug fixes in 10.1!

I've cloned my drive and done a Time Machine backup, but Is making a duplicate of the Logic 10.0.7 application usually sufficient? i.e. both versions of Logic 10.0.7 and Logic 10.1 can run side by side, if i encounter problems with 10.1?

Cheers!

Ed

They brought back the old Piano Roll behavior when viewing multiple regions: double-click a note to see that region, double-click the background to see all selected regions. Woohoo! :lol:

Yessssssss, had not noticed this, 10.1 is the gift that keeps on giving (for my purposes anyway!).

Running nicely with Yosemite and all previous projects seem to be loading fine (and faster), not encountered a single issue yet.

Hi !

For now 10.1 is a no way for me…

I've immediately update because of this :

"When a project is saved with a movie open in full screen mode on a second display, the movie now displays in full screen mode when the project is opened"

I'm working with 3 screens on my Mac Pro 3.1 :

Main display : 30"

An HDMI TV for movie

A 7" usb screen for Digicheck

Before 10.1 when loading a song the movie was closed. I have to double click on it, drag it to my 2nd screen (HDMI TV). And then click on "enter full screen"

So I immediately jumped… BAD IDEA !!!!!

All my songs saved with a movie don't open now (it's 99% of my work :evil: ):

black screen or color wheel of death…

from time to time : movie recovering completely my arrange window on my main screen. unable to resize it.

If I close it, my main screen stay black and I have to force quit logic…

I HATE THIS NEW FEATURE !!!!!!!

What is the best way to reverse to X ?

I'm experiencing this as well, major bummer. Would absolutely love for this feature to work with older projects.

Thanks! Same here

finaly 1 old behavior is back...

realy ... who needs a pencil ? u have the hyper editor... note repeat ? why ??? you are so much faster by programming it the way u like...

Where is the Chord Track ???

why is there still nothing like VST Expression ?

is Scripter able now to write Midi Data ???

possible to quantize the ends of Midi Events ?

stuff wich so many people does have requested... yeah cool... Piano roll show names of Drums "just these from Logic" addictive Battery and so on... its useless for it... i wonder if they quit third party plugins someday... most features of logic won't work with it nowadays... little bit angry today... don't know... do i see it wrong ?? features that are useful for ex-garageband users who are not able to read the manual to get all the tricks out of Logic... sorry but that is true. where is the stuff for people who have to work with Orchestra Librarys ? Writing 20 songs in a Row in short time cause of dead lines...??? its not really there... Chord Trigger... where u are not able to put in Progressions... couse u aren't able to Transpose them into different Keys.. argh... its like ... i don't know... i would spend money to them like in logic 7 days... to get the tools that really matters... sorry i am just disappointed at the moment...

How are people getting on with old projects? Are you able to hit the floor running and continue working? Any show stoppers?

I'm mid project (and mid-mix, in fact) but would really enjoy the bug fixes in 10.1!

I've cloned my drive and done a Time Machine backup, but Is making a duplicate of the Logic 10.0.7 application usually sufficient? i.e. both versions of Logic 10.0.7 and Logic 10.1 can run side by side, if i encounter problems with 10.1?

Cheers!

Ed

It's still early days but older LX projects run happily here.