How do I use EZDrummer in Logic

Frosty

Sorry for having my first post be so stupid, but I can't figure this out. I just bought Logic to use in my home studio. I've been using Pro Tools for the last 6 years (still do at the studio) and bought Logic because I wanted something more powerful at home and didn't have the money to buy an HD System for home and the PTLE is just too crippling.

What I need help on is setting up EZDRUMMER to run as a multiple output instrument. I also want to be able to create audio files of each drum channel to import into Pro Tools. I've been having trouble doing this. I inserted EZDrummer (mulitchannel) in an Instrument Track. Created 8 Aux channels. But when I go to select the the inputs on the Aux tracks, there's no CHannel 1 or 2. It starts at Channel 3. So if someone can qive me a quick tutorial on how to set up EZDRUMMER so I can record multiple outputs onto an audio track that I will be able to import into Pro Tools, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

You're good so far. The reason it starts at channel 3 is that the first two channels are taken up by the actual instrument track that you assigned to EZdrummer. You can change what channels go to those first two I believe by going into the Ezdrummer mixer and assigning outputs from within there.

Hope that helps,

Wayne

As for recording straight to Audio Tracks - I don't think that will happen. You will have to bounce the session to disk (individual files). I have read somewhere that there is a program that lets you route Instruments to Audio Tracks so you can record them ....

SoundFlower

I think will do what you want with the audio ... otherwise you are gonna have to bounce each individual file to disk, then import to Pro Tools .....

although, Logic Pro does work well with Pro Tools HD ( I think) ..... you may want to consider linking the two ... if you have that option.

As for the Multi thing - it sounds like you are on the right tracks.

If you need more help with that, there are Multi channel Templates on the ToonTrack site. Assuming you are registered user, you can go to

Free Download Section

and get a Multi Template.

Hope this helps!

Downloaded the template. Thanks! That's exactly what I needed

I'm sure I'm going to have lots of other questions, so I want to say thanks an advance for all the help.

As for recording straight to Audio Tracks - I don't think that will happen. You will have to bounce the session to disk (individual files). I have read somewhere that there is a program that lets you route Instruments to Audio Tracks so you can record them ....

SoundFlower

I think will do what you want with the audio ... otherwise you are gonna have to bounce each individual file to disk, then import to Pro Tools .....

although, Logic Pro does work well with Pro Tools HD ( I think) ..... you may want to consider linking the two ... if you have that option.

As for the Multi thing - it sounds like you are on the right tracks.

If you need more help with that, there are Multi channel Templates on the ToonTrack site. Assuming you are registered user, you can go to

Free Download Section

and get a Multi Template.

Hope this helps!

Just remember that when you set up the auxes, the EZ outputs available to you in the aux are going to be named two higher than what you send from EZ, so EZ out 3 is EZ 5 back at the aux input Another thing is that with EZ, after the individual tracks are properly routed, you might still hear the drums from withing EZ IF you have the room mics or the overheads on. If you want the processing to be totally from outside EZ, you'll have to turn off the room mics. And make sure you hard pan the output of routed tracks in EZ's mixer so that the whole signal is sent down the aux pipe.

• 2 months later...