Atmosphere/Trilogy Wrappers

kgottlieb

I don't have that issue in Logic 8. Seems to work, although my latency did increase slightly.

But isn't it strange that after taking months and months and months to deliver the promised intel solution, this is what Spectrasonics comes up with??? Seriously, how behind the curve could they be??? I'll bet this has really lost the company a ton of customers, including me. I would never buy another Spectrasonics product again.

Yeah Unbelievable. I have a MacBook Pro the first ones that came out with the Intel Dou 2.16 and I did everything it says on the web site and it does not hold up it crashes Logic when I switch buffer settings and when i playback it sounds Glitchy . The best work around is to have 2 Computers one running the atmosphere and Trilogy as a host and to trigger and sequence from your main computer. downside is that you need to buy a midi interface and an audio interface separate from your main computer to pull it off. make sure to run the digital out or spdif from computer number 2 to the main computer interface digital input. That is the best solution for rock solid performance. BUt WHEN are they coming with Native version its been Years.

I Just want to put this out there..

I heard deriectly from someone higher up in spectrisonics and was told this is a stopgap solution untill a full intell plugin can be supported. They said fall and were trying to deliver on that date so viola.

MH

What I don't quite get is how they managed to pull off Stylus RMX with an Intel update, and yet these two seemingly more basic plug-ins have been a problem for them. I'd love to know what's been holding it back for them.

My workaround is to run L8 in Rosetta, bounce what I need from Trilogy and then switch back to normal Intel L8 usage. I know it's not ideal but it certainly works best for me, and feels much more straightforward this way.

>What I don't quite get is how they managed to pull off Stylus RMX with an Intel >update, and yet these two seemingly more basic plug-ins have been a problem for >them. I'd love to know what's been holding it back for them.

Eric from Spectrasonics explained this in a few other forums where he frequents - and perhaps on the spectrasonics website too in the faq.

My understanding is that atmosphere and trilogy are based on technology licensed from another company= UVI or ultimate sound bank i think. They decided not to port this particular tech. to Universal binary. As a result, spectrasonics have been working on their own in house plug-ins - e.g. stylus rmx is their own thing and was easier to update to UB.... I'm sure this and more can be found on the yahoo spectrasonics forum and the spectrasonics support area for the wrapper in the faq section.

I also read that this is indeed a stopgap until a more permanent solution comes our way. I can't wait for that!

Rounik

• 1 month later...

Eric has stated on Gearslutz the possibility of something new at winter NAMM '08.

It will probably be a paid upgrade,but I believe it will be worth every penny.

Atmosphere runs OK with the wrapper in L8 with a good deal of the patches

here on my Macbook,as long as they don't have any quick attacks to them.

• 1 month later...
Anyone have them working with Logic 7.2.3. I'm hearing clicking when track with wrapper inserted is not selected i arrange. Spectrasonics says no complaints but me. My system is highly stable, so I think it has not been tested on Logic 7.x.x.

Im actually using Logic 8.0 and i seem to be having the same problem. i cant figure out whats goin on. did you ever find a fix for this because i see you didnt post again or has anyone found a fix or had this problem? :?

The wrappers are a kluge job. I stopped using atmosphere and trilogy. Now that the STEAM engine work is done, I expect a new version of these instruments in the near future. Hopefully not as late as September when Omnisynth is released. I won't buy another Spectronics product until they fix the products I already own.

I talked to Spectrasonics at NAMM and they stated "there will be NO updates to Atmosphere or Trilogy." Omnisphere will include most or all of the Atmosphere patches and a new plug will follow that includes the trilogy patches.....sometime in 2009. Atmosphere and Trilogy as we know it now, are dead.