Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI. Logic 9

Joey89

Hey Guys

So, last night i was using Logic and everything was working totally fine. Load it up today and now it's not working at all, keep getting the message -

Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI

Sample Rate 29380 recognized.

Check conflict between Logic Pro and external device.

I just don't understand i didn't change any settings last night what the heck happened? I'm using a Lexicon Lambda interface and i have a axicon 49 midi all plugged in. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have no idea what i'm doing with logic as it is, i've looked up all suggestions online but i couldn't find anything to work.

Thanks.

Oh god! I had my speakers plugged into the headphone out instead of the speakers out, put it back into the audio one and now everything is working fine! Was that the cause? If so why would it do that?

Nah, speaker or headphone outs have no relevance on digital conflicts.

It probably just started working again.

What operating system are you on?

• 4 months later...

I am having the above mentioned problem. It has only come up since I added a midi drum loop to an project template that I am creating. There is no audio recorded as of yet. When I added the same midi drum loop to a project with a track of guitar audio, it does the same thing. When I turn the midi track off, it continues. If I delete the midi track, it goes away. The audio track was recorded with my ZED-R16 and the midi was added while working with it later on.

edit: I have restarted and it's still there. It's not a CPU, or drive issue. I've tried deleting the midi tracks and dropping in a completely different loop and I'm getting the same results.

It's an issue with your audio interface and / or core audio. Any driver updates?

No. I am running the current driver software, but I think I figured it out. Under Pref>Audio>Input and Output device were both still set to the ZED-R16 in brackets. When I switched it to System Settings, it stopped doing it.

So, it turns out that it wasn't a corrupt file because the noise came back. I've finally been able to trace it to the I/O Buffer Size in Preferences>General. I had it set at 32 samples for recording with lower latency. Bumping it to 64 samples eliminated the problem.

• 1 year later...