Error Code - 38 was returned by the audio driver

eduardo

Please advise what could be causing this persistent message especially after playing an edited file.

using IMac 24" Mac OS 10.4.11 Logic 8

I have the same problem ! But not with edited files, it happens when working with FXPansion BFD (1.51 updated) its so annoying and distracting...

the error dialog comes up every 3-4 seconds during playback, doesnt interfere with the playback, but i have to hit -ok- to continue.

some one help us !

Mac Quad 3.0. 2gig ram, BFD on a dedicated (internal drive) running Logic 8.01 with apogee ensemble on mac os 10.4.11

• 1 month later...

Yep. I use L8 + BFD 1.5. I generally will get this error if I, say, have a project open, open another project for referencing something (without closing the first project), then close the 2nd project and switch back to the first. From that point, I'll get Error -38. Seems like BFD or Logic or something is getting confused.

On the bright side, closing and reopening Logic seems to cure this.

• 9 months later...

Up until just an hour ago, LOGIC 8 was running fine. Right after doing an edit on a small audio file I received this: error code 39

I cannot get rid of it. You all have BFD in common but I am using

ADDICTIVE DRUMS. Any input would be app[/size]reciated.[/size]

Sorry about the typo.

Up until just an hour ago, LOGIC 8 was running fine. Right after doing an edit on a small audio file I received this: error code 39

I cannot get rid of it. You all have BFD in common but I am using

ADDICTIVE DRUMS. Any input would be appreciated.

Error -38: fnOpnErr File not open. Could be a file corruption or something in the code related opening and keeping track of files. You could try to contact FXpansion but I suspect they tell you to upgrade to 2.x as I doubt they do maintenance releases on the 1.5.x branch. I assume you have the absolutely latest 1.5 version.

As for the other error, I assume it is -39 as I don't personally remember seeing a positive 39 number for a long time, might be no longer used since System 7 days or so.

-39 eofErr End of file; no additional data in the format

Again, sounds like a file corruption. If nothing else, check your file system with Disk Utility and try to repair it. If nothing else, if the actual binary is corrupt, reinstall the content files.